Is everything in the "editorial information" relevant?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MayMonten

Is everything in the "editorial information" relevant?

Post by MayMonten »

I just had a submission rejected, with this comment under "editorial information":
Please professionally format your articles in 12 pt. Times New Roman or Arial black font with single spaced paragraphs and a double space between paragraphs. A full space between paragraphs helps the reader to determine where one paragraph ends and another begins. You should also observe this formatting rule for the content details section of the submission form.
I checked the document, and -- ooops! -- I saw that yes, I had forgotten to put the font in 12 pt. Times New Roman.

The spacing, though, looked okay to me. Since the comment specifically mentions spacing, does that mean that there is a problem with the spacing that I should continue to look for?

Or is the comment boilerplate language, and all parts aren't necessarily relevant for any particular article?

Also, in the content details section of the submission form, I had used ellipses between snippets, without double spacing if the snippets had originally been in the same paragraph. Is that okay?

Thanks.
jellygator

Re: Is everything in the "editorial information" relevant?

Post by jellygator »

It is boilerplate, yes. However, if you submitted in .doc format, it could still have spacing problems. There are other (better) replies in this forum that explain it, but I cannot submit in .doc format or it does something screwy to the spacing. I save and submit in .rtf, which keeps the formatting exactly the way you see it on your computer.
MayMonten

Re: Is everything in the "editorial information" relevant?

Post by MayMonten »

Thanks.