My Account Permanently Suspended

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mannafromheaven

My Account Permanently Suspended

Post by mannafromheaven »

Ha!

Today I get an email saying my latest article was rejected. It says...

Code: Select all

We do not accept content with grammar errors, spelling errors, problems with clarity, problems with awkward wording, punctuation errors or missing punctuation, or other errors. Your submissions do not meet our requirements. Your account has been suspended. We will consider no more of your work. 

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Please take this information into consideration for future submissions. In addition, Submission Guidelines should be followed to avoid repeated rejections:
They say "We will consider no more of your work", but then go on to advise me to take this information into consideration for future submissions! What's that all about?

I've aready sold several articles and there's still funds owing to me. Why the instant suspension?

Seems this has happened to other authors so some readers might know the answer to my next questions:

a) Is there a way to re-instate my account?
b) What happens to the outstanding money owed to me?

Thanks
ChristinaS

Re: My Account Permanently Suspended

Post by ChristinaS »

I would assume that the
Please take this information into consideration for future submissions. In addition, Submission Guidelines should be followed to avoid repeated rejections:
is part of a generic form, but you may want to email support if you think it will help you.

I don't know the answer to the other questions that you asked, but I'm worried about my own account now.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The part of the form above and below the marks that say "editorial comments" is a part of the form that is static. Everything between the editorial remarks are a part of the dynamic form that is inserted from the editor.

Just a little bit of a logic/design bug on CC's part. Sounds like they decided to get rid of the account after multiple fails.
mannafromheaven

Multiple fails?

Nope!

This was the first and only - no three strikes and you're out!

No reason.

Luckily, there's many other places online to sell articles. CC don't seem to care about the authors. They rake in 35% of the money and treat us like dirt.

Very poor in my opinion.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I think the site really cares about the writers who submit quality work. We don't see the work of suspended authors. At least you can go post your work for revenue share if you like.
mannafromheaven

jadedragon wrote:I think the site really cares about the writers who submit quality work.
How do they define quality work I wonder? How many staff do they have reviewing content? One reviewer might think an article is poor, where another might think it's good. Who knows how they work.

Having already had articles accepted, and indeed sold, I have obviously met their standards on more than one occasion.

My gripe is the way they suspend the account. There appears to be no appeal process.

You receive an email and it's 'You're Out - Goodbye and don't come back!'
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

You can always write support. Maybe someone hit the wrong button. Maybe you submitted a draft instead of the final product by accident.
mannafromheaven

Yes, I already emailed them but no responce so far.

I did however, receive my outstanding funds into my Paypal account, so that answered that question.

I also wonder whether the articles I have (or had) in their system will remain for sale, or if they'll withraw them.

I would like to think they would remove them for their marketplace, but again, no contact from CC, so I don't know.
kay1122

Post by kay1122 »

The same thing just happened to me. I reworked a few articles I wrote 3 or 4 years ago that I didn't think were online anymore. Apparently they were. This is the first time this has happened and they suspended my account. Is there any way to get it back??
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

You really have to be careful about "reworking" articles. They need to be original. I remember a while ago a customer was pretty pissed, because a writer reworked the article, uploaded it to the system as a new article and the customer happened to catch it and demanded his money back.
Jabsfreelanceworld

Post by Jabsfreelanceworld »

So how many times can I submit and re-submit before my account gets suspended? LOL
Ata

Post by Ata »

Submitted a well written unique article only for constant content to turn round and punch you in the face with their nasty email. Permanently banned with not even a 2nd chance.

They seem to go for quality, well maybe it is about time they brushed up on their email messages which is rather confusing. First half mentions permanent ban and then continues to give advice for future submissions. How silly. Talk about professionalism, (cough, cough) yeah, right!

Don't waste your time here, there's plenty of other sites that are more professional and treat writers much better than these guys.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

You've either got to be a plagiarizer, a spammer, or have some extremely bad writing skills to get banned on your first submission.

I think some people here who have decent grammar have paid one of those $1/article schmoes to write content, tried to edit the content to fix the poor grammar and didn't edit the article well and got canned. I highly suggest avoiding purchases from ESLs and trying to edit the content for CC. That works at AC not CC.
Ata

Post by Ata »

Lysis:

Oh, so you just jump to your silly conclusion that i'm a plagiarizer, a spammer, or have some extremely bad writing skills. Don't point the finger at someone without knowing the actual reason. Maybe, i can say the same thing about you being plagiarizer, a spammer, or have some extremely bad writing skills which explains how you got 'canned' as you put it.

You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick here. I am not an editor and neither did i submit articles taken from esl writers.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

OK. I'm just explaining why one might get banned on a first submission. People browse here, and I think some of the posts in this forum scare other writers who are pretty good. I'm just explaining that something is really bad if you are banned on a first submission.

(Actually, I think we have our answer anyway)