Good writing with little errors...

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

DavidFarrell

Re: Good writing with little errors...

Post by DavidFarrell »

Well, five out of my last six went through on the first try. I am aware of the preferences here on CC but I cannot spend three hours re-proofreading an article eight times. I generally proofread at least twice; I make sure I proofread each paragraph I edit before moving to the next one, then I proofread the entire article and send it. I do my best but I cannot spend too much time on an article. If I honestly miss an error, I'm OK with having to resubmit and I hope the editors feel the same way. I do my best but I'm human and I cannot be perfect.

So far, the editors have been doing a very good job and I try my best to avoid repeating the same mistakes.
Lysis

Re: Good writing with little errors...

Post by Lysis »

The proofing gets easier, I think, once you get your groove going. I generally proof and add content and then proof again. I've gotten faster at it, and I'm not a fast and consistent writer here. Proofing is just one of those skills that you have or don't have. Some people here are really good at it (Celeste) while others (me) need much more time and miss stuff.