Confused...

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

talliecat

Confused...

Post by talliecat »

Hi

I am new here and received a rejection today for my article. The email contained the following message:

We do not accept content with website addresses/links. http://www.constant-content.com/blog/?p=35 //

"Texan[Texas] group of researchers..." //

The word Texas in brackets was added by the editor. Does this mean I need to change the sentence to read Texas (not Texan) group of researchers or is it suggesting that the above sentence is a link? There are no links or website addresses in my article and the original research was from a Journal article in Obesity.

I would appreciate any help before I resubmit as I am not sure what I have to change!

Thanks.
Lysis

Re: Confused...

Post by Lysis »

No, the editor is telling you that you need to change it to "Texas."

When you copy/paste text from a website, sometimes a link is included. I know in word, you have to hover over the copied content and select "Text Only." I know Celeste has a process she uses to clear links in the whole doc somewhere around here. Do a search for "link" or "Ctrl+A" (I think her process involved Ctrl+a).

CC should put up something that tells people how to remove those hidden links, because it's a common question.
talliecat

Post by talliecat »

Thanks for replying. You were right on both counts. I changed the Texas reference and then resubmitted with a comment to the editor querying the weblink. I was surprised and impressed to receive a reply from the editor explaining the hyperlink issue and also that anything with//...// means a separate correction. Anyway after making the changes I resubmitted a third time and had the article accepted. It sold a few hours after that. First thing I've sold as a writer anywhere, so am very happy! Thanks again. Love this site!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Awesome! Congrats on the fast sale.

Having been here for five + years, I never really registered the "//" thing. Perhaps it's one of those internal things that makes sense to people in the know but not to the rest of us? I wonder if it's one of those standard editing marks I wish I'd paid attention to in college but failed to or an internal CC thing? Anyhow, glad it worked out so quickly and resulted in a sale right away. Very cool!