Download Files Question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

writingright

Download Files Question

Post by writingright »

Hello.

One of my articles was rejected.
I received the email, went into my account and clicked edit.
Made the necessary changes, clicked "Save Changes".

I accidentally attached three files - versions of the article.

How can I remove the attachments?

Thanks.
writingright

Re: Download Files Question

Post by writingright »

Is it acceptable to delete the rejected article and resubmit it?
writingright

Post by writingright »

I read the rejection forum but was unable to find a way to remove downloaded articles. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
TamathaCampbell

Post by TamathaCampbell »

Hello, and welcome aboard.

If you go to your "My Content" section, there should be an option to "delete" on the right-hand side of the listing for your article.

If it hasn't been accepted yet, because of a rejection, you should be able to click on "edit" (which should appear over the "delete" option), and open up your article submission form. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and there should be a little box with the document listed in it. The little box should say "Files" on one side and "Actions" on the other. Under actions, click on "Remove Document."

You can then add a new document to replace it, in the "Add a File" right below where the file had been listed.

Good luck!
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

You can delete the article, but it will require you to resubmit all the information and it will have to go through another full wait before it gets an initial review.

I found it confusing to resubmit, too, because it attached an article but didn't resubmit until hitting the resubmit button after it was attached. I had multiple attachments of a few articles before I figured that out.

The most recent attachment is what the editors will look at first, so I'd recommend resubmitting with a note to the editors that acknowledges the multiple attachments and tells them only the most recent is intended. You'll avoid waiting another week for approval, and they'll be able to reference the edits that were originally requested of you without having to go over everything again.
writingright

Post by writingright »

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I did not want to delete the article and wait another week for the review.

I could see nothing that allowed you to remove download files and I was kicking myself in the butt because I downloaded my article three times.

So I just left the downloads, name yet another download with a different name, sent a note with my submission asking that they disregard the first three downloads and the article in its new form is named, "[name of article]".

My article was reviewed and accepted in a few hours.
Yeah!!!

Thank you!
Sherri2012

Post by Sherri2012 »

I have this same issue. There are now two documents in the list of attachments. There is no "remove document" button that I can see. Should there be?
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

No, there is not a way to delete extra attachments. However, the editors look at the most recent submission first. If you attach the correct article and put a short note saying, "The most recent submission is the correct one," they will understand.