Comma, or not?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Emases

Comma, or not?

Post by Emases »

I know to improve my comma use requires practice and understanding. I have tried the various web sites but still struggle to fit the commas into my writing in a consistent manner. I have used Word, Grammerly and other tools to help, as well. Is there any other suggestions that would be useful. I am keen to improve my writing and prevent resubmissions where possible, for something that ideally should be fairly trivial.

Yours
Emases
MicheleH

Re: Comma, or not?

Post by MicheleH »

I feel your pain. Since I've been a member here, I've become paranoid about commas. It's gotten to the point where I'll rewrite sentences to avoid the issue entirely. :lol:

In my case, it's probably a good thing. In the past, I've been accused of being too verbose.

I came across a guide that uses plain English (not grammatical terms) to explain comma usage. Your might find this link helpful - http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp
LMills

Post by LMills »

Thanks for the link Michele. I think we are all paying more attention to commas these days, and this site is a good resource.
Emases

Post by Emases »

Thank you for your help. I think it is too little, too late, as my account is now suspended.

Regards
Emases