Article 'How to Cheer Yourself Up' has been rejected

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kentjordan

Article 'How to Cheer Yourself Up' has been rejected

Post by Kentjordan »

Recently I've posted an article called How to Cheer Yourself Up. But unfortunately, it has been rejected. Editorial staff informed me that the article contains grammar errors, awkward wording, issues with POV shift, or other errors.

Can anyone tell me some examples of my article that contain these errors?

Thanks, Kent Jordan.
Antonia

Re: Article 'How to Cheer Yourself Up' has been rejected

Post by Antonia »

Sorry to hear about your rejection. The editors don't usually respond to these types of requests as you are expected to self-correct. The notice sounds pretty specific, though - have you been through your article to look for the errors? You might want to let it sit for a couple days and then come back to it with fresh eyes. Good luck!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

It seems kind of ironic that "How to Cheer Yourself Up" was rejected. Or is that just me? Anyway, rejected articles are purged from the system so hopefully you kept a copy.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If you want to post a brief excerpt, maybe one of us will see an obvious error and be able to help.
Kentjordan

Post by Kentjordan »

Thank you very much for your answers. I am really happy to see that the community of Constant-Content is alive and willing to help. The article is below.

There are days when we think that we are the most miserable human beings on the planet. Sometimes we may even think that the life isn’t worth living anymore. But this is a really wrong attitude. The lifespan of a human being is quite short and it can be ended anytime. So instead of wasting time complaining about our problems we could be enjoying amazing things that life has to offer. We just need to clear those dark clouds and let the sunshine into our lives again. That can be easily done by following these two steps.

1. Think of the positive things that you have in your life.

Many people may think that their lives consist only of the worst case scenarios. I’m sure that there are reasons for that. Maybe they lost their jobs, or maybe they got dumped by their life partners. However, all the dark moments of our lives stop us from cherishing the bright ones.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As you may see, I am a newbie in article writing. However, I am putting a lot of work into it. Thank you very much for all your help, Kent Jordan.
Celeste Stewart

Kent,
I removed most of the article because we can't have Google indexing it and causing problems with future saleability. I copied it to my computer temporarily so I could provide you with some feedback though. Hang tight, I'll let you know if anything stands out.
Celeste Stewart

This article uses first, second, and third person point of view. While CC accepts "we/our" when used collectively as this article does, POV isn't consistent. Sometimes you say "we" (1st person/collective), sometimes you say "your" (2nd person), and sometimes you say "people" (3rd person). In addition, the use of "I" and "me" (1st person/author's perspective) appears (a definite CC no-no).

I saw a "you" which should have been a "your" and a few places where a comma is needed.
So instead of wasting time complaining about our problems we could be enjoying amazing things that life has to offer.
Instead of wasting time complaining about problems, we could be. . .
Instead of wasting time complaining about problems, consider all that life has to offer.
For example, everyone has a good pair of legs to go for a walk outside, ears to enjoy beautiful sounds of nature, eyes to look at the blue sky, other people to communicate with, happy memories to cherish, and the list goes on and on…

Careful with generalizations. Not everyone has a good pair of legs, a sense of hearing, eyesight, people nearby, or happy memories.

From an awkward wording standpoint, I'd change "and the list goes on and on. . ." to the more simple "and other blessings" or "and so on."
Kentjordan

Post by Kentjordan »

Thank you very very much! As you may see, English is not my birth language. So I make some mistakes. But thanks to people like you, I am getting better every day.

Thanks again, Kent Jordan.