Question about article sent back for revision

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

audrabianca

Question about article sent back for revision

Post by audrabianca »

Greetings! I had an article about Balanced Scorecard sent back for revision today. I resubmitted it without any links. I am confused here why it was sent back for revision. All of the links had the "http://www." already removed and there were no active hyperlinks in the text in the first document submitted. They were listed as examples and references.

Please help me understand how my article did not follow the CC submission policy, or was this just a situation with new reviewers. I have seen dozens of times where Ed noted to remove the "http://www." here in this forum. And that is what I did. Now the resubmitted document looks really poor with no references section and in-text references to the "xxxxxxxx" website, which does not give proper attribution (because a site might be .edu, .net, .org., .com, etc.).

Thanks,

AB
audrabianca

Re: Question about article sent back for revision

Post by audrabianca »

My next submission was accepted, but I still need to understand the answer to this question for future submissions.

Thanks,

AB
Ed

Post by Ed »

The names of references were hotlinked. We encourage authoritative references, but we cannot consider articles with links or full web addresses.

Thanks,
Ed
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

So I should have found the hot links in the text (which I checked for but did not see), and have left the references list at the bottom?
Ed

Post by Ed »

The reference list at the bottom had links to the sources, though it was clear that you were trying to follow the guidelines. It appeared to be an oversight.

Thanks,
Ed