2 Rejections in one day :-(

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Phil

2 Rejections in one day :-(

Post by Phil »

Hi guys. You may recognize me as a lovable newbie who has jumped all over the forums in an attempt to assimilate and learn. I was soooo happy to get my first two articles accepted. I was ecstatic when one of them sold. I guess I got over ambitious and submitted two articles back-to-back for public requests. One was rejected for errors in the short summary and the other for being first-person POV. Both are justified and I have no beef. In fact, my Marine Corps upbringing means that I am embarrassed to admit rejection since it indicates sloppy work.

But, on to the point, I read somewhere that three rejections means you are suspended (banned) and I can't find the reference now. So, is the banning automatic or is it simply held as site admins option? Obviously I don't want to get banned or I would not bother posting the question. Obviously I won't be trying to "pump em out" anymore either. And I need to print the guide since I scanned right over the (sorry ed, won't happen again) first person rule.

All help appreciated. Hope to do the Happy Dance again soon.
-Phil
Ed

Re: 2 Rejections in one day :-(

Post by Ed »

Your account won't be suspended for typos or for not following the guidelines unless you repeatedly fail to proofread your articles or you simply refuse to follow the guidelines.

Thanks,
Ed
Phil

Post by Phil »

[terrible pun hidden in message]
Well that is a relief. I have worked under threat of death and dismemberment before. It's good to know you need to be totally incompetent or willfully defiant. I will try to make your job easier in the near future. Thanks Ed. [/terrible pun]

-Phil
Ed wrote:Your account won't be suspended for typos or for not following the guidelines unless you repeatedly fail to proofread your articles or you simply refuse to follow the guidelines.

Thanks,
Ed
kianakelly

Post by kianakelly »

Hi Phil!
Just thought I'd jump in and let you know how *incredibly* patient I am finding everyone here : ).
I know I can be impulsive, but for whatever reason, I kept submitting the same article and making ***really*** stupid mistakes. I have put the article out of its misery (thankfully, finally) and am kind of waiting for my "inner puppy" to calm down before submitting again...

Anyway, I have found this place to be direct, but fair and patient.

Wendy
krista

Post by krista »

Hi! I have a question along the same lines. Does this also apply to photo submissions?
Ed

Post by Ed »

You will have to contact Support for any questions about photo submissions.

Thanks,
Ed
krista

Post by krista »

Ok! Thanks anyway!
JTILLMAN9693

Post by JTILLMAN9693 »

Hello:

My last 2 articles have been rejected due to grammar and clarity errors. I Usually write my articles in the same manner so I am rather confused as to why my last 2 articles have been rejected. Is there anyone here that I can send them to for viewing. Like anyone else I don't want my account to be suspended if it appears that I'm not proofreading my articles prior to submission. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
JT
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

Maybe it is a case of raising the standards again. Some of the veterans like myself are also getting these clarity rejections.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

JT,

You can send me one of your articles and I'll take a look. My pen name is DM Gutierrez.

Debbi
Phil

Post by Phil »

You can send me the other one. I'm not Ed, but ... :wink:
JTILLMAN9693

Post by JTILLMAN9693 »

Thanks Debbi and Phil:

I've never sent articles to other writers before so I'm not familiar with the process.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Click on the Authors tab on the Constant Content main page and then search for DM Gutierrez. Next to the photo you will see a button "Contact the Author", click on that and then send me a message with your article attached (if it allows attaching files) or just as inline text if it doesn't.

Debbi
kianakelly

Post by kianakelly »

Hey...ummm...

I have been absolutely frozen like a deer in the headlights...I wonder...would anyone be willing to look at one of *my* articles?

I wonder....maybe I could even chip in a bit of money via pay pal or something??? Let me know...

Wendy
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

email to audrabianca on my cc author profile no charge