Katie-Anne's Intro

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Katie-Anne

Katie-Anne's Intro

Post by Katie-Anne »

I'm being nagged at by Eliza cos I haven't posted my intro so here it is!

I'm Katie-Anne, just turned 40 and proud of it. I'm British, married for almost 6 years to soulmate hubby Mikael who I met online. He's Swedish so we are raising our two little boys Jake (4.5 years) and Connor (1.5 years) in Eskilstuna, Sweden.

I'm proud to be a WAHM. Being married to a freelance illustrator doesn't make for an abundance of money, but we love our lifestyle and we get by. I've been freelance writing since moving to Sweden 6 years ago and but took a break of doing almost nothing for 4 years whilst being pregnant (the first of which was a difficult one) and raising my boys through their baby year.

I'm a published writer in print and online, in non-fiction and poetry. I love writing. Any writing. Just now I'm doing a lot of copywriting and projects through elance.com. The elance work is ghostwriting mostly but I get some kind of perverse kick about being paid to write something for someone because they aren't able to do it themselves. Yeah, I know, that's something else - my sense of humour is a bit off-centre! ROFL

I'm Aquarian, love crafting, have another small business OceanWolf Studios where I combine my writing with my hubby's artwork (http://www.oceanwolfstudios.com), history, travel - but the most important thing in my life is my family.

Anything else...hmmm ...thinks......oh yeah, I've authored a book, "Prompts for Fiction Writers" which is available in both ebook and print editions and is the first in a series to be offered from my website Wake Up Writing.

Right, that's it. I think. Happy now Eliza? Can I leave the naughty girls' mat now? Please? LOL

Katie-Anne
ssottile

Post by ssottile »

:D Greetings Katie-Ann,

So nice to meet you. I have just come on board today with Constant. Eagerly looking forward to sharing ideas and learning how I can develop my writing into areas that will allow me to profit and eventually leave my corporate job behind. Well, maybe not entirely just yet. But it is exciting to write and I have enjoyed the experience I have had at BellOnline as the editor for the sewing site since last April.

I have a very dear friend that lives in London. So you know we LOVE Brits. She is a darling. She and her boyfriend visit us whenever they can get across the Pond.

I hear you about not having an abundance of money. We don't either. But if we can get by the most important is each other and the love and care of our pets.

Venues like Constant might be a wonderful avenue to supplement our income and who knows from there.

You sound like a very accomplished lady. I got a kick out of your comment about ghost writing. Hey, if you have the talent you should get paid for providing the writing...never mind ghost or no.
Katie-Anne

Waves Hello!

Post by Katie-Anne »

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your kind words.

I haven't seen your intro yet so don't know what kind of corporate job you do, however I know that writers who have experience in corporate matters can get work writing about what they know. Ok, so it's not a scintilating novel, or high profile magazine article, but it does pay the bills.

Seattle is a lovely city. I was there a few years back, in my young(er), free and always willing to travel days!

If you decide to wander more into the freelance writing field and want some ideas, email me and I'll see what advice I can find you. The one thing I love about the writing profession is the way those who are established help the newcomers - I was helped, and now I can pass on what I know, and so it perpetuates. Gotta love a profession like that.

CC is great! We write, we make sales, we get paid, and we come here to the forum to have a giggle, gripe or gossip, and we're treat like real people with valued opinions by the management.

Welcome!

Katie-Anne