Greetings from Another Newbie

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Melissa

Greetings from Another Newbie

Post by Melissa »

Greetings to all. I am very, very new to the CC site. I found the site just two days ago and after a little reading and research, I joined. I have sumbitted 4 articles,2 selling within a few hours of posting. How exciting. Probably luck, eh?

For almost 9 years, I have been in marketing and communications writing everything from product collateral to executive speeches. I fell victim to a corporate layoff late last year and found freelancing to be very rewarding. I may never return to the corporate world.

I have been happily married 7-1/2 years to my motorcycle riding, martial art loving, non-geeky engineer husband. We've made our home in the south, renting our house back from our child; a nine year old dachshund. She's our baby!

I look forward to "meeting" and getting to know everyone.

Best,
Melissa
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

Hi Melissa

My hubby's a non-geeky engineer also (mechanical). He's more comfortable in overall than in khakis.

Welcome

Kat
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Thanks Kat!

My guy is an electrical engineer with an empahsis on robotics. He's wicked smart. Maybe that's why I'm still trying to figure out why he picked me. HA!

I think if the hubster could wear his motorcycle leather's to work, he would.

Thanks again.
ssottile

Welcome Melissa

Post by ssottile »

Hi Melissa,

I just joined Constant today. It is very nice to find so many interesting and friendly authors to share and exchange ideas with.

Good for you that you might never have to go back to the corporate world. That is where I am now. As a move to build my writing exposure I have been writing for the BellaOnline site since last April. The creative freedom and growth are a welcome relief from my "day job" in corporate America.

My lovely hubby and I have been married for 30 years. He is an artist and shares equally in the love of all our dogs (9) three of which are Daschunds.

My most special guy George was a mini Daschund I had for 18 years. He passed away almost 2 years ago and we still miss him. But the new puppies have been a boost and work overtime to love, love, love you.

May you have continued luck in your writing sales at Constant.