Me first, me first

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

arachnae

Me first, me first

Post by arachnae »

You should know by now I can't stand to see a topicless forum...

I'm Arachnae, aka Jane. I write here and at Write for Cash and am building the All Info About's site for metaphysics (yay!)

I own a store in Leesburg VA and write about New Agey stuff, making your own stuff, and weird home decorating ideas.

Will design websites, ads, graphics for food...
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

*stands on soapbox*

My name is Sheryl and I'm...

*sobs*

I'm a WRITER!

actually, a fiction writer more than nonfiction. But this keeps me in writing supplies and helps my creative juices flow as well as helps pay the bills, so I work here and at WFC.

I've had one book published on Mexico and a few short stories here and there - links on me website for those of you who have too much time on your hands.

I live in PA, sweet-talked down here by a Yankee from my native home of Toronto, Canada. Go Maple Leafs!

*falls off soapbox*

uh... next?
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Sheryl Nantus wrote:Go Maple Leafs!
I'll try not to hold that agaist you. I'm from Detroit!
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

constant wrote:
ahh!

*holds up cross*

back, foul one... back!

nevermind the Leafs haven't won a Cup throughout most of my lifetime...

:lol:
Kate Sheridan

Post by Kate Sheridan »

constant wrote:
Wow, this is interesting. I'm also from Detroit (east side) but moved west to Lake Michigan 26 years ago, where we have no professional sports teams of any kind, no mass transportation, cabs or buildings over three stories high. At 5 p.m. the city folks (I live 6 miles from the nearest busy road and 10 miles from a traffic signal) have their rush-minute. I'm a single mom and a writer by vocation and avocation.
kate ;-)
PJEwriter

Post by PJEwriter »

Hi ~ my name is Paulla. I started writing in college (15 years ago). I wrote lots of short fiction, inspirational, a few articles and essays, won a few contests. I edited a small magazine and a city wide newsletter. Then in 1996 I decided to homeschool my 3 children. I've written off and on since then, but not seriously - at one point I was even afraid I'd lost my edge. But a few months ago my husband told me I should start writing again - really writing.

Things have changed SO much in 9 short years! Like I said, I've been writing, but I haven't even thought about publication or money since then. Writing for the internet is a whole new ballgame, but I love it. I'm writing for WFC and here, of course, and I'm checking out other sites. My kids are still homeschooled, but older (17, 12 & 11) so it's much easier... and now I have so much more to write about!

And I found that not only do I still have my edge, I realize how much I've missed writing regularly. I also enjoy reading all these posts, just being in the company of other writers. :)

Oh, and I'm an avid jogger - slow, but steady.

Paulla
linggirl

Introduce Yourself

Post by linggirl »

Oops...just goofed on this message...sorry!
Last edited by linggirl on Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linggirl

Introduce Yourself

Post by linggirl »

Hi All,

Everybody is so great here...and so supportive! I've been freelancing for about 2.5 months now for. Outside of this, I'm a programmer who does technical documentation from time to time. Oh, and I hail from the great state of the Terminator.
AnnM

hey arach...

Post by AnnM »

I followed your referral from W4C and it looks like I have earned you a whopping .75 this week. So far have only managed to sell one piece (regular), but fingers crossed for more...
arachnae

Post by arachnae »

Heh - I saw that on my affiliate info page. Can't wait until I'm a mogul and can just sit back and let the toil of all the Little People support me. :D