New to Constant-Content, Making Mama Proud

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

strandedcandid

New to Constant-Content, Making Mama Proud

Post by strandedcandid »

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself...

For one, I'm a southerner (hence "hey" versus "hi"), who, quite honestly, likes most to write about topics related to the southeastern U.S. Let's face it, I'm a snob, a snob in the sense of wondering why anyone would want to live anywhere else; all of my family lives here, including my father, who shares wonderful stories about his childhood, growing up on a farm (which can't take place just anywhere), I have a lifetime of my own memories here, of course, which I can't imagine not including flip-flops, sweet iced tea, screen doors, and humidity (how could one do without that?), and I get plenty of sunshine, which lends itself not only a great tan, if I may say so, but to the luxury of typing articles outside, under an oak tree...see what I mean? Try not to hate me. I also tend to write in long sentences, using too many commas, which I am hoping to improve upon, just by rubbing elbows with more experienced authors, such as yourself.

However, speaking of proper punctuation and grammar in particular, the truth is, I prefer to write in first person, in a more conversational tone, and I enjoy making light of things more than sticking to the facts; I'm not sure how long I will last on here, because it's going to be quite a learning curve, just to be serious and get down to business; I've written a lot of fiction, and to reiterate the whole southern thing, I balk a bit at being required to write using 'proper' English (there! I said it!), especially for the purpose of making sure everybody understands me. My thought is, 'if it ain't that easy to understand me, would it be so easy to correct me?', but that's just me- and possibly an excuse for being lazy. On the other hand, anybody ever heard about Gullah? Where would our culture be without that? But I digress.

Well, i would continue on about me, but let's talk about me- but no, I mentioned my father so I should mention my mother, who is a retired English teacher. It was a great privilege for me to tell her about my first article being accepted by constant-content, even though it hasn't sold yet. You see, I graduated with a B.A. in Psychology, after having earned an Associate's in Liberal Arts degree, which was not required. I also have an Associate's in Fine Arts degree, after having spent a year taking classes in the Graphic Arts, which was also not required. In other words, I have spent a great deal of my time as a professional student, trying to figure out 'what I'm going to do when I grow up'. So I look forward to actually selling some articles on here, rather than just 'learning' how to use the site, which will make my mama proud. However, I do also look forward to 'meeting' other writers, if only to exchange "heys", or even "hi's". In the end, that would make my mama proud too. After all, she did teach me to be hospitable.

Anyway, Thanks for Listening,

M

p.s., Happily married, no kids, five cats. Loves dark chocolate, Austen, Twain, Karon and Ella, how about you? Best Regards...
jak

Re: New to Constant-Content, Making Mama Proud

Post by jak »

Welcome, and keep making them proud.
RobertStreet

Re: New to Constant-Content, Making Mama Proud

Post by RobertStreet »

Good to see you.