Great Staff

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LEdmiston

Great Staff

Post by LEdmiston »

Hi All,

I am actually "re-new" to CC. I was here years ago, but left to pursue some other things. Upon my return, I have found the site much improved and stronger than ever. I wanted to take a moment to thank the staff for their excellent editing. While I don't always agree with some of their suggestions (form, style, etc.), I can see their points and, more importantly, am learning a ton. They answer my questions and are very patient. I am constantly amazed by how easy it is to read over the same typo or grammar error, again and again, without ever seeing it. it really helps to have another set of eyes on things. Once again, thanks to the editors at CC for making my articles worthy of being published.

I also want to thank CC, in general, for keeping standards high and thus allowing us to get paid for the effort that goes into writing. Many sites pay only a fraction of what CC does. It is a big deal that they respect their writers as much as they do. I know some complain about the 35% commmission, but given that it includes editing, connecting with clients, marketing on our behalf, and maintenance of the site, I think it is highly reasonable.

Okay, that's all. Thanks CC.
jak

Re: Great Staff

Post by jak »

What a refreshing change this post is from the many complaints that are made in the forums. I am also grateful for the support we get here, and I'm sorry that it took someone else to inspire me to say so.
Abbamay

Re: Great Staff

Post by Abbamay »

Good work, LEdmiston. You're right. The editors here are wonderful to us.