Newbie saying "Hi!"

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Dylan

Newbie saying "Hi!"

Post by Dylan »

I am very new. No articles accepted. Lots of frustration.

I have only had one rejection, but I started here because of one opportunity that was advertised. To get an article to that client seems to be quite an uphill task: Five articles accepted in the face of a lengthy "approval" process that seems far more like a "rejection" process. And the opportunity evaporates in just a few more days. It seems I am going to be finished here before I ever get started. I wish the best of luck to the rest of you, but if I don't get enough articles accepted in time to submit the one I really wanted to post, I guess I will have to be content writing elsewhere and leave this menu to the rest of you.

Best of luck.
Isabelnewth

Re: Newbie saying "Hi!"

Post by Isabelnewth »

I can see why you might feel like that. It can be extremely discouraging and also seems unfair at times, when something that you would expect to be in the writer's discretion earns you a rejection. I am not a shining example, but I am personally glad that I persevered when I felt like that ( well, I went away and then came back). I have earned 1 or 2 hundred dollars a month for 2 or 3 months now without working all that many hours which will be very useful to me if it continues (though that probably depends on these big buyers who have been turning up and buying huge numbers of articles all at once: without them, I don't know!). If you go on, the chances are that you will start to write articles that get accepted straightaway in the end, and I believe from what I read that once you get a large catalogue, and build it up, then sales just trickle through regularly. I haven't quite managed to get to that level yet... Anyway, best of luck, whatever!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated.

I am hopeful that at some point there is money to be made here. Of the several similar sites I have recently signed up on, this may be the only one on which I have yet to earn any money. That's not the best recommendation for continuation, but I do realize that sometimes speed is not the most important factor in evaluating something.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes I know what you mean, but this one does have advantages. All I can say is that I found it worth persisting. I don't know of any others where the pay-rate isn't insulting and/or you aren't forced to write the most abysmal rubbish! so if you do, please tell!