My 'Hello'

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Tster

My 'Hello'

Post by Tster »

Hello,

My name is Thomas and I love writing! I joined a few weeks ago and have 5 accepted articles and 1 in the queue. I think Constant Content is great and hopefully my thoughts of the website will only improve. I unfortunately have had no sales, and my articles don't seem to rack in very many views (despite most of them being about requested or popular topics), but I will keep trying and will experiment with different prices, descriptions etc to try and obtain more views!

Thanks, Tom
jak

Re: My 'Hello'

Post by jak »

Hi Tom, and welcome. Looks like you are off to a good start. You do need patience to wait for sales, but if your articles are accepted here they'll start selling eventually.
Tster

Post by Tster »

jak wrote:Hi Tom, and welcome. Looks like you are off to a good start. You do need patience to wait for sales, but if your articles are accepted here they'll start selling eventually.
Thanks jak, I've been looking around the forums and you seem to be the most active and helpful user here!
bhuff85

Post by bhuff85 »

Hey Tom,

Don't worry about views so much. I've had articles views highly that didn't sell for months (in fact, one of my articles that had over 30 views solid today - nearly 5 months after it was written). I've also had articles go live and sell within a few days, only to have one or two views total.

Just keep your head down and keep plugging away to build your catalog. Once I started writing consistently (almost daily) on popular topics that had evidence of selling well, the sales really started to come through.