Hello From a Young Newbie!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AllisonAnne

Hello From a Young Newbie!

Post by AllisonAnne »

Hello Everyone!

I joined CC a day or two ago & after lurking around for a little bit, I’ve decided to take the plunge to jump in and introduce myself! My name is Allison & I am currently an accelerated distance learning college student... which basically means I’m in the process of earning my bachelor’s degree really, really fast in an nontraditional manner. ;) I’ve enjoyed writing ever since I was a child & over the years I’ve been blessed with many great opportunities & teachers who have helped me grow as a writer.

Right now, because of my unconventional college path, I have some time available to focus on writing. I was googling information on part time freelance opportunities the other day & came across some positive reviews for this website. I decided to create an account & check things out here. I love the idea of doing something I love & earning money for it! Last night, after spending hours upon hours pouring over the guidelines & forums I finally decided to take the plunge & submit my very first article.

I’m a bit apprehensive about everything simply because I’ve never really done anything like this before & I have no idea how I’ll do, but I figured I might as well give it a shot & see what comes of it. I love the way this website is structured & how supportive the community here seems to be. If anything else, I’m really looking forward to growing & learning even more! If anyone has any wisdom or suggestions to share with a young newbie, I’m all ears! :) I look forward to all that lies ahead!
jak

Re: Hello From a Young Newbie!

Post by jak »

Hi AllisonAnne. Sorry you've had to wait so long for your welcome. We're all busy these days. Hope you'll enjoy CC. Don't be afraid to ask questions here if you have any.
AllisonAnne

Re: Hello From a Young Newbie!

Post by AllisonAnne »

Thanks for the warm welcome! No worries about the delay, I definitely understand! So far things seem to be going well. I ended up submitting two articles right off the bat & both of them were accepted with no problem. I was pretty surprised! I'm looking forward to being more consistent in writing and getting things submitted! I'll make sure to hop in & ask questions whenever they come up!