Looking for Advice

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JohnK

Looking for Advice

Post by JohnK »

I recently discovered this website and quickly joined soon after. Just from viewing this community, I can already tell that I made the proper decision when joining. I've looked through the complete submission guidelines and browsed previous posts, but I still have a few questions.

Is there anything in general that you guys would recommend me to do? I remember reading that it would be disadvantageous to both me and the community in general to under-price my writing. With this in mind, what should I consider pricing my articles at? I'm also curious if there are any other bits of knowledge like this that might help me out.

I'm also curious on whether or not I should submit a second article. I already have my first one under review, and I'm worried that I made a stupid mistake. Should I just wait for it to be reviewed and then submit my second article? I'm thinking that If I do wait, I could possibly avoid the same careless problems with my second article.

Thanks for any advice :)
stelle

Re: Looking for Advice

Post by stelle »

For my first few articles, I waited until one was accepted before submitting another. I kept writing, but I held off on sending them off. Once you get the feel of things, you'll be more confident about submitting multiple articles.

As for pricing, I price my articles at around 9 cents per word.