submission of article

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jhoan

submission of article

Post by Jhoan »

Hi,
I am new at cc and I was trying to submit an article. My question is how do I know if my article that I submitted has been received. I did the instruction but there was not information if my article was received or not.

Help!

Jhoan
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hello,
Usually you submit and see a screen saying, "article has been submitted successfully" or something like that. (You'd think I'd know exactly what it says by now but I don't) :oops: .

You don't get an email saying they recieved it. You may get a "rejected" or "accepted" email a few days later depending on if your ISP or email program is friendly enough to let CC emails get through. The best way is to log in to CC and check "Your Content." Here you'll see your article as "under review," "view," or "sold."

If it disappears completely, it has been rejected for whatever reason and has been purged from the system. Not to say you can't correct whatever problem was found and resubmit, it just didn't make the first cut. Check your email and junk mail folders and go from there. Reject emails from CC usually tell you the general problem (unlike the vague "this doesn't meet our present needs at this time" rejects you may get from traditional publications).

Good luck, have fun! CC rocks!