Hi all! New with a quick question

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JordieMitch

Hi all! New with a quick question

Post by JordieMitch »

Hello everyone!

I've been with Constant Content for a few weeks now and just sold my first article. It was purchased for a usage license, at least I thought it was. They put in an offer (I accepted) and under the license category it said "Use," which I assumed meant a Usage license. I just googled my article and found it. Upon reading it, I noticed words were changed along with no credit given to me as the author. It was actually published under a different author's name. Of course, I would have no problem with this had they paid the price for the full rights license. Anyways, my question is this - Have I misunderstood the definition of each license or has the client misused this license? If so, what should I do (if anything can be done)?

Thank you for your time and help!
BarryDavidson

Re: Hi all! New with a quick question

Post by BarryDavidson »

Double check to make sure it didn't sell for full rights. Next, if it was altered, contact support. Customers also have obligations to meet when purchasing from CC.
JordieMitch

Re: Hi all! New with a quick question

Post by JordieMitch »

I double checked and it was sold as Usage rights. I'll contact support, thank you! I'm excited about the possibilities with Constant Content, it seems like a great opportunity with friendly staff and writers!