New To CC

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TallStacFlorida

New To CC

Post by TallStacFlorida »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stacey and I am new to CC. Submitted my first article this afternoon and waiting for it to be reviewed. I'm a bit nervous since I read over the forum rejections threads. I actually spent a longer period than normal checking, editing and revising. Hope it pays off. Is there anything that CC veterans recommend for checking grammar, spelling and such before I submit. I used paperrater.com the first time and it said there were no errors but then I tried grammerly.com but that costs money after the 7 day free trial and it found a few things wrong with it. I feel pretty confident now but would really love to avoid that monthly charge if I can.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Stacey
jak

Re: New To CC

Post by jak »

Hi Stacey and welcome. Sorry I can't give any recommendations as I just rely on my own knowledge and what I learn here. We often have 'chats' in the forum abut specific aspects of grammar etc, and other people recommend books and websites that have proved useful. Best of luck, and don't be too bothered by a rejection or two. You just need to learn from them.