Attention, Newbies:

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jak

Re: Attention, Newbies:

Post by jak »

Welcome amorlife. I noticed this morning that someone has been searching for articles about South Africa and thought I'd mention it in case you are not sure what to write about first.
rhodella

Post by rhodella »

Hello everyone...im new her..i hope i can reach out someone for some help.
jak

Post by jak »

Welcome rhodella. You'll find lots of help in the forums. But make sure you read all the guidelines as well before you submit.
alanalex90

Post by alanalex90 »

Hello All.

I am Alan and I have just joined CC. Hope to make a mark.
jak

Post by jak »

Hi Alan and welcome. My advice above still stands. Good luck.
esterm2010

Post by esterm2010 »

Hi, I'm new here
Thank you for the information
katemcbride

Post by katemcbride »

This topic is a very good one.I wish I had the sense to come on here first instead of submitting articles without finding out how to go about it.I got three articles rejected in a row so I am not motivated to submit any more yet. I also asked for my portfolio (one article lol ) to be deleted. As time goes on,I will reapply to the site and in the meantime I will download the ebook recommended here and/or buy Celeste's CC ebook.
I still have to review and apply Celeste's advice on paragraph formatting too to be prepared for my next submission.
As an experienced writer told me here,the site is worth figuring out.
ContentGhostwriter

Post by ContentGhostwriter »

Thank you Keesha for your precise words of advice. I am sure everyone appreciates it!
jennapope

Post by jennapope »

Got it. Thanks.

Jenna Pope
Annalew

Post by Annalew »

Hi Annalew here, first time trying to say anything. I don`t know how to use a forum, so I don`t know if my message will show up.

I have about 140 articles posted and right now I`m selling about three a month. It`s about the worst record I`ve seen on here, and I don`t know why that`s happening. I am not sure I can stay if my sales stats don`t get better.

Also, I wanted to mention, I strongly disagree with those who say that the editors here are too picky. I`ve seen mistakes slip through on approved articles like - ''your'' that should have been ''you`re'', and ''for warned'' that should have been ''forewarned''. Others that I don`t remember.

Annalew
jak

Post by jak »

Hi Annalew. You see you have contributed successfully to the forum. With 140 articles posted you must be ding soemthing right or they wouldn't have been accepted. If you are contributing regularly your sales should pick up, but there are no guarantees here. While some people report making a good living here, I've seen other authors recommend that CC should be just one of the eggs in a freelancers basket, and I'm inclined to agree with that. So don't give up altogether. It just takes patience. I'm like the majority in that I've sold about two thirds of my portfolio, and sometimes surpise sales turn up of articles posted months or years ago.
AlexBarret

Post by AlexBarret »

Thank you very much. Could I ask you a question? Why can`t I see my posts? Have I any troubles with them? :roll: