I'm so stoked!!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sakmeht

I'm so stoked!!

Post by Sakmeht »

Hi all!

I'm new here and am completely blissed out this morning because my first article was accepted right out of the starting gate! I'd been stressing over hyphenated phrasal adjectives vs. nouns and I just said, "forget it, I'm going for it!" and I'm so glad I did. I was completely prepared to get rejected the first go-round, but this first acceptance has given me a wonderful boost of confidence. I'm a stay-at-home mom of three kids and have been trying to find a hobby that brings in some money and am so glad I found Constant Content. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Sarita
jak

Re: I'm so stoked!!

Post by jak »

Good for you, and welcome.
Peggy

Post by Peggy »

Hi Sakmeht,

Welcome to the site. Don't worry if an article is rejected. I get plenty of articles rejected, but the editors just send it back with an explanation of what is wrong, so you can correct it and send it back in. They are interested in you being successful because that is how this site makes money.

Don't get me wrong. I spend a lot of time proof reading but sometimes I will miss something. Other times, I can't figure out the proper way to capitalize or punctuate something. Grammar web-sites offer conflicting advice and I feel lost. Then I just say, "Oh, heck with it." and send it in to get the editor's opinion.

Hope this helps.

Peggy
alex8355

Post by alex8355 »

Congratulations! Freelance writing is an excellent opportunity of combining work and raising kids at home. Hope you'll constantly succeed in the field.
Sakmeht

Post by Sakmeht »

Thanks everyone,

I've had a couple more articles accepted, although one I deleted and resubmitted because I hadn't cited a source to my satisfaction. I'm assuming it will go back through okay.

I have several articles that I've written that are waiting to be submitted. I'm holding off on submitting a bunch at once; a steady flow will keep me motivated rather than a huge rush. I've been pouring over the rejection forums, reading up on the submission guidelines, and studying over on Purdue's site. Comma usage is what I'm brushing up on currently. I have young children and am finding only a small amount of time per day to write. Once I have my thoughts organized, I can whip up an article in a half hour or so if it's on a subject I know well. Bath time is my best shot. Or getting up early, but that's not really my cup of tea. Any tips from other stay-at-home parents?

Thank you for the warm welcome! This seems like a supportive and welcoming group, and I can't wait to see how far this site can take me. :D

And I can't wait to sell my first article!

Sarita
jannishan

Post by jannishan »

jak wrote:Good for you, and welcome.
yeah its really nice to feel here..the info is too good it should be share around the web. 8)