*Generic yet witty hello*?

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

hirsb

*Generic yet witty hello*?

Post by hirsb »

Hi! Writing has always been my "everything." While I appreciate that usually I am focused in a more creative manner, I see that it is necessary at some point to make a living. I have written for more formal settings before and honestly learned more from working with newspapers and newsletters than anywhere else. I was an editor for a non-profit's newsletter for over a year and also help with other similar situations. I have no real accreditation to make this attempt. This has been something I always thought would work perfectly for me.

I really didn't know what to use for a subject line. I apologize if I sounded like a hipster. I am not a hipster.

However I have some really neat life experience that lends itself to a vast array of topics including, but not limited to: exposure to new cultures; learning a new language; anything involving dogs; a plethora of areas related to psychology (including pharmacology and dealing with loved ones); oil painting; guitars; fixing a computer that someone should not have been allowed on; working with children; quilting; old British poetry and literature; and how to not make funny faces when your grandmother feeds you cat food.
jak

Re: *Generic yet witty hello*?

Post by jak »

Welcome hirsb. Hope you do well here. Make sure you read and comply with the guidelines and you should be ok.
trisheart

Post by trisheart »

Love your intro hirsb. You are a girl after my own heart, and there is much in your life experience I can relate to. I hope that CC will bring you pleasure and good fortune. I am hoping the same for myself - , I sooooooooooooo- better get off this site. Sorry, I also see it was a while since you posted this.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

A generic but not so witty "welcome." Sounds like you have lots of potential articles that are perfect for CC's client base in you. Have you had a chance to submit any yet?
hirsb

Post by hirsb »

I have FINALLY submitted an article-- 2 days ago now. I am terrified. It says the status is "REVIEW" and am trying to trust and wait. Regardless, I have a dizziness in my head and butterflies in my belly!!! Stuck with the adage to write what you know. Went with a thorough but not Pulitzer worthy article about dog grooming tools. Wish me luck!!! Please :D