Hello CC!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jonathan

Hello CC!

Post by Jonathan »

Hello CC!

I thought it would be a good idea to take a few moments to introduce myself. My name is Jonathan, but I typically go by Jon. (I actually got the forum name "Jonathan" and I'm super excited considering it's the most common name ever.) At any rate, I'm a High School English teacher who has been doing freelance work since I was in college many moons ago. (Ok, it's only been a little over a year, but I wanted to sound old and wise.) I enjoy writing pretty much anything and I'm excited to give CC a shot. Just a few thoughts regarding my experience so far:

-I'm nervous but excited about the strict editing guidelines here. Of course I've already came across a dozen rejection posts here on the forums, and they scare me a tad; however, I love writing and the idea of getting better at my craft. What better way to improve than to have the editing team demand perfection?

-I've already written my first piece and it's sitting here awaiting the courage to be sent out into the wild. I do believe I'll follow their guideline advice and take a look at it tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Needless to say, I'm happy to be a part of this community, and perhaps we can help one another achieve our goals as practitioners of this demanding craft. It would be nice to hear a few people discuss their experiences here at CC so far!
webbwriting

Re: Hello CC!

Post by webbwriting »

Hi there Jon, nice to meet you in here!

I too am a new writer on Constant Content and hoping to learn more about article submission and how to get articles selling etc.

Like yourself, I am a teacher and love to write just about anything! How did you get your foot in the door of freelance writing? There are so many sites out there - I'm sure you've noticed - and they all seem to offer paltry rewards for a substantial amount of work. I have spent ages researching various sites and submitting articles, but I hear Constant Content is the best option.

Good luck!
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I first began freelance writing on sites like Associated Content (before Yahoo! bought it out). The new standards here will be challenging, but I feel that it will only make me better at what I do. :D
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Welcome, both of you! :)

Yes, the standards are a lot different, and it will take a while for you to get used to having your articles rejected over a misplaced comma! However, it's an awesome opportunity for you to perfect your skills, and the forum is packed with useful information, tips, discussions... Make sure to read the Writer's Guidelines carefully and follow the formatting rules to avoid unnecessary rejections.

Best of luck to both! :)
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks a lot! Having quality demanded is really the only way for buyers to feel comfortable spending prices like those here at C-C. If they wanted poor quality, they would probably be on a bidding site paying some kid a dollar per article. If nothing else, you're getting valuable feedback for free. Look at the time the editors spend reviewing your content as a free service, and suddenly the idea of rejection isn't so bad.

Honest feedback can be hard to come by.

Jonathan Howard