Utter Newbie - want to be a writer

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ptosis

Utter Newbie - want to be a writer

Post by ptosis »

Hello, I've heard about and want to be a writer for CC but I'm listed as a customer and read the must read for auther's but I I just started 5 minutes ago and don't know how to start. I'm stuck in idle and I can shift.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Utter Newbie - want to be a writer

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hello,
CC has two different ways to sign up: as a customer and as an author. Try logging out and then re-signing up as an author. You'll have to take a short quiz. Good luck!
ptosis

Post by ptosis »

"by choosing Your Content in the left-hand menu, as well." - - - I have no such link . what am I doking wrong? Oh never mind _ I see the answer now - I want to change loging from customer to auther....

"

Re: Must-Read Resources - New Authors: Start Here

Postby Celeste Stewart on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:20 am
Once you are signed into CC, there's a menu bar on the left with all of the various options including "Submit Article" and "Requested Content." You must be signed in as an Author to see these links.
"
ptosis

Post by ptosis »

Got it! thanks for the quick answer!
ptosis

Post by ptosis »

I must be too stupid to write because I logged out, and at the login page I don't see any box to click as customer or writer - I guess CC has enough writers and don't want any more. :(
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

They use a "universal" login. I assume you have a different email/password combo for each account? Just sign in as the username/password for the writer account you just created. For example, I have a customer and an author account. I have a different user name for each.