New to CC! Frustrated with myself!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EE2422

New to CC! Frustrated with myself!

Post by EE2422 »

Hello, My name is Ami. I am new here, and I love to write. I think I have useful information to convey through my writing. However, I am inexperienced. I have submitted two articles here. The first one was rejected for capitalization errors. I corrected my mistakes, and the article was accepted. My second article was rejected for run-on sentences, and punctuation errors. I have revised this article, and resubmitted twice. I delete afterwards for fear of rejection. I am scared of the possibility of being banned. Am I wasting my time here? Should I try writing for one of the lower paying content sites? I do not want to limit myself, but I do not want to have this door shut and locked on me forever. Thanks for listening to me vent my frustrations.
mnicol22

Re: New to CC! Frustrated with myself!

Post by mnicol22 »

Hello Ami, and welcome!

I would suggest that you practice as much as you can before submitting here on a regular basis. The fact that you already got one article accepted is encouraging, but if the editors see no improvement in your writing skills, they might as well ban you. Make sure that you work on the errors pointed out by them in the rejection emails, read the Extended Writer Guidelines, and look around the forum for useful information. Many of the issues you are facing (such as run-on sentences) have already been discussed, so you may find some useful tips to implement. You'll see that the more you write, the better you become at it if you make an effort to spot and correct your mistakes.

Good luck!
EE2422

Post by EE2422 »

Thank you very much for your response. I think I will take your advice. I will work on my self-editing skills before submitting again. I have been looking through the forums, and I am learning a lot. Again, thank you for your response and advice.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi and welcome. One thing that's great about writing for CC is that its standards force us to become better writers. Writing for some of the other sites won't necessarily lead to improvements because few of them give feedback. Some just accept articles despite the errors which can give writers a confidence boost that's not necessarily justified. Work on mastering the areas that CC has already mentioned and you'll be way ahead of the crowd.