An Apology

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EMMA

An Apology

Post by EMMA »

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to all. Yesterday I posted a note stating that I am learning to proof read and that I need 'hands on' experience. I now know that I was naive and disrespectful in this approach. I have spent a great deal of time training to be a proof reader and, acting on advice, I posted in the forum thinking the work would flood in and I could receive testimonials to get my career started. I now know that this is not the way to go about it.

You don't know me, you don't know that I am person of integrity, how can I expect complete strangers to trust me with their work? I understand this and I am sorry for making an assumption that was clearly wrong.

All I can say is that I will treat your work in the strictest confidence, that I will be the only person to read it.

I hope that you can give me a chance to prove myself, and build up a reputation of trust.

I want a career in proofreading, but I need your help to get me started, even if you only send me one page, one chapter I would be grateful.

Thank you for your time

Emma

p.s I am based in the UK.
EMMA

Re: An Apology

Post by EMMA »

I would like to add why I have chosen to be a proof reader. My background is in quality control, but my personal circumstances altered dramatically last year and I am not able to work outside the home so I needed to concentrate on a career that allowed me to work form home. Proof reading became the obvious option.

If you are reading my post would it be possible to offer me some feedback, advice etc as to how to move forward with my chosen path.

Regards

Emma