Can anyone help me?

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EMMA

Can anyone help me?

Post by EMMA »

Hi everyone my name is Emma and I am learning to be a proof reader and am in desperate need of some 'hands on' experience.
I am happy to have a go at anything you can give me. It would be great if you could consider helping me and I appreciate your time reading this.

Kindest regards

Emma
SLPerini

Re: Can anyone help me?

Post by SLPerini »

Hi, :)

From my understanding, most, if not all, authors are guarded about their work because of common problems with article theft. I think it's just another case of the 'bad' ruining it for the 'good'. However, as a beginner myself, I wrote a practice-only article in this forum that could use more proofreading. Would you like the link to that article?
EMMA

Post by EMMA »

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I have taken what you said on board and I completely agree. I have spent a lot of time and money on training to become a proof reader, and acting on advice form someone, I joined this forum and posted what I did thinking that work would come flooding in and I could receive testimonials to get me started. Now I realise that I was naive and somewhat disrespectful. Of course authors are going to be very guarded about their work. They don't know me, they don't know that I am a person of integrity, why should they trust me?

I am going to issue an apology and hope that they give me a chance to prove myself, and trust that I will always treat their work with in the strictest confidence.

And yes I would like the opportunity to proof read your article, I need to start gaining experience if I am ever going to proofread as a career.

Kindest regards

Emma
SLPerini

Post by SLPerini »

Hi,

ConstructiveCriticism-What is EFT

That should take you directly to the post, if not, it's the second to last post on the page and the article is in a quote box.