Hello from Sally in the Valley

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SallyintheValley

Hello from Sally in the Valley

Post by SallyintheValley »

Hello!
I will be 71 tomorrow and finally pursuing writing seriously! I was on the school paper in HS, and a journalism major that had dreams back then, but never pursued it, going waaaay off the track in another direction, Data Processing.

Well I am retired now, with lots of time. I started writing content last month and got a kick out actually getting paid, but it is quickly getting boring and a bit of a chore for so little money. Then I found article writing on iwriter and love it! After 30 approved articles from requestors I will make more money and have 26 approved right now, so building confidence.

This site is even better, but I question whether I have what it takes yet. I submitted my first article for approving so I guess I will learn something from that. I picked something on the request list and wrote a 900 word piece, I hope that is okay to do for a first submit??

I also want to write a novel. I am a prolific reader and love paranormal romance, and have started on my own urban fantasy.

I am single, live in the Valley of the Sun in Mesa Arizona with my 2 huge male cats and love being retired even though I am living month to month with no huge savings that all the experts say you MUST HAVE before you retire. You know what? You can retire without it. Just live simply.
Nice to meet you all.
Sally in the Valley
Celeste Stewart

Re: Hello from Sally in the Valley

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Nice to meet you Sally in the Valley! You're an inspiration already!
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Gooo Sally!!! :D Welcome!

it's always refreshing to see people pursue their dreams, regardless of their age. After all, it's just a number. I hope everything works out great for you because you sound like such a cool and inspiring person!
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Hi Sally!

Nice to meet another Sassy Senior!! You can make some decent retirement extra money here at CC. I wish you great success!