Good day from a buyer

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

fanfreluche

Good day from a buyer

Post by fanfreluche »

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi".

I am not a writer here, but a buyer. So maybe you already sold me an article (who knows!). I bought over 10 since I joined in December.

I posted my first request for one specific article last week and got many many good pieces. I was please to see so many writers working on that.
I ended up buying 4 of the 13 written.

Now I have a question, is it common practice for writers to email me directly after I post a job?? 2 person did (including one telling me they would like "to right" that article for me).
I didn't respond, but would like to know if that's common?

have a nice day!
Celeste Stewart

Re: Good day from a buyer

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi and welcome! CC discourages writers from contacting buyers unless there's a legitimate question about a request that needs to be clarified. They even block new writers from using the message feature until they have five (I think it's five) approved articles. This gives new writers a chance to prove themselves and learn the protocol before approaching buyers. I think this also helps keep the site from becoming a bidding site.

Part of the attraction of CC is that anyone that wants "to right" an article is free to do so; they don't need to contact the buyer first. Better yet, the editors won't let mistakes like that through.