Hi from a British born author

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

reddragon

Hi from a British born author

Post by reddragon »

Hi,
I just found this site and forum while searching for information on how to become a freelance writer, and I'm glad I did. It suits my ideas about writing perfectly!
I was born in Wales and came to Canada as a child.
My first pieces were auto-biographies in grade school and moved up the ladder to novels.
I love researching history, music, health and medical topics, and I have a diploma in interior decorating, among other interests. I hope to share my knowledge with others through articles on CC. Thanks for creating this site, I look forward to working with you :) .

Gaynor
Nessiee

Re: Hi from a British born author

Post by Nessiee »

Welcome! If you have any questions, just ask and I'm sure someone on the forums will be able to help you out :)
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

Welcome! Just wondering . . . are you related to jadedragon, another one of our writers?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm not sure about reddragon and jadedragon, but I'm pretty sure Hayleywriter, canywriter, and Nichewriter are cousins ;)
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

:lol:
reddragon

Post by reddragon »

Good morning everyone,
Thank you for welcoming me. I don't think I'm related to the other dragons on this forum, except as a fellow word lover :wink:
reddragon

Post by reddragon »

I'll probably be looking for a lot of help :wink: I've been reading through the Rejections forum and am afraid of Ed already :D But I promise to do my best! :)
Gaynor
OOPS, I just noticed I didn't sign the reply to the welcome--I'm not as awake as I thought I was, LOL!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Nice to have another dragon around :P All these writers make me feel a little out numbered.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Just wait till dragonwriter signs up....:)

Gaynor, don't be afraid of Ed....reading through the rejections forum as you've done should give you a sense of the most common (and most easily avoided!) errors...you will be fine! Make sure you read the FAQs and formatting guidelines one more time right before submitting. Good luck!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Completely off-topic but...

I just finished a Brit murder mystery where one of the characters mentioned a "sugar pig." Can anyone tell me what that is? I'm assuming a pastry or cookie or candy?
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Debbi...

I am in the UK (and always have been!) and I have to admit I have not come across "a sugar pig". I am wondering if it is the same as a sugar mouse? This is a horrendously sweet, tooth-decaying piece of confectionary. The clue to its main ingredient is in the title - basically it is sugar bound together by syrup and shaped into a little mouse (complete with whiskers), which then hardens. Can't say I am a fan but they are an old-school childhood favourite for many. Now if I where to be offered a white chocolate mouse....

Darren
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Darren,

Thanks! That sounds about right.

Heh, you and I have the same initials: DMG.
isande

Post by isande »

Could it be a marzipan pig? That's the only candy I can think of that's traditionally made in a pig shape.

Also, welcome Gaynor!

Peggy
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

The mystery of the sugar pig! Hmmm that could be an interesting title for a whodunnit novel...

Debbie...glad to hear I am in good company!