Hello...coming to drink from the pool...

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ladycroc

Hello...coming to drink from the pool...

Post by ladycroc »

If you've read King's latest, "Lisey's Story", you probably get the pool reference. :D Still ruminating over that one...

I'm Lynn. I hail from Connecticut originally, but my humble abode is currently in Maryland with my dear husband (who is an Air Force weather guy), our two precocious pipsqueaks, and my three stepchildren. I've always loved to write, but never had the courage to actually try to make a go of it. But since I have parochial school tuition coming up next year and I've yet to figure out how to grow those money trees, I thought now might be a good time to get over the fears and start publishing. I do own my own business offering gifts and gift baskets to those enduring pregnancy and infant loss, as well as infertility and high risk pregnancy (hope I'm allowed to mention that in the intro). It's a subject dear to my heart, one I have too much experience with. But it was never meant to be a money maker, and has certainly lived up to that. :wink:

I have a pretty eclectic background. I was once in the Air Force (where I met the aforementioned spousal unit), did a brief stint at the State Department before President Bush decided to turn our lives upside down with that whole Iraqi venture, and was last employed outside the home as a Marketing and Administration Director for a small business. Actually, I was working that job from my living room, so it wasn't technically outside the home...but you get what I mean. 8)

Looking forward to getting my feet wet!