Hello from a Salty Curmudgeon in Ohio!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JJMbuzz

Hello from a Salty Curmudgeon in Ohio!

Post by JJMbuzz »

Hello C-C writers,

I've been trawling the forums for a few days now, and I figured it was time I made my obligatory introduction.

I'm Lee, a 36 year old marketer/copywriter/entrepreneur from Ohio (please don't hold the "Ohio" thing against me.). I own a marketing group called Java Joint Media, and write marketing content for private clients through JJMbuzz. I'm also a problogger - I run a site called http://www.bloggersworkshop.com where, self-referentially enough, I teach readers how to set up and monetize successful blogs. Oh, and I also occasionally use it to offer motivational and inspirational ditties, as well as the odd rant/rave.

I'm also an avid cellist - my work has been described as such: "If you could tear out your soul and julienne it, that's what Lee's music would sound like."

I've worked with a few freelancing sites to fill in gaps between clients. One of my wife's friends suggested C-C after listening to me kvetch about having to chase down clients from these sites for payment . I like the concept, and it looks like the more industrious folks here are finding some success with the site.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Lee
Antonia

Re: Hello from a Salty Curmudgeon in Ohio!

Post by Antonia »

Welcome, Lee! Sounds like you have an interesting background. If you've been having trouble with non-paying clients, you'll love CC--it takes away all the hassle!

Great info on your website by the way--I've just recently started getting interested in affiliate marketing as an additional stream of income.
JJMbuzz

Post by JJMbuzz »

Thanks Antonia! Glad you got some good info from the blog. I did a 45 minute video interview about the blog today via Skype, and it just about wiped me out. It still seems weird having people ask to interview me...

Anyway... three articles submitted and accepted. No sales yet, but that comes with time. I'm looking forward to making C-C a viable income stream - partly so I can dedicate more time to blog marketing, instead of chasing around clients who want the sun/moon/stars for very low pay.

By the way... have you ever noticed that the client who want "cheap content" are the ones that ask for endless revisions, can't decide what they want, and drag their feet on payment?

On the flip side, I landed a project with a client who was willing to pay $100/hour, and she not only accepted the content on the first run, she paid me within 12 hours of completion! I' love to have more clients like that!

Lee
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hey Lee, Howya Doin? If these folks can bring a retired jarhead from Texas into the fold, then Ohio won't be a problem. I think I am going to check out your blog since I am certainly not making money via adsense on either of my blogs. I personally think my number one problem is spotty posting. Comes from two full time jobs and very little free time or sleep. :wink:

I think you will like CC once you are comfortable. I know I am liking it more and more. So far my hardest habit to break is typing like I speak. Y'all jist don wanna go dere, y'know.

Welcome aboard,

-Phil