New Guy

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mayc00p

New Guy

Post by mayc00p »

Hello everyone - I found this site from a message that was posted on the Writeforcash message board - very glad I did. The writing bug bit me about 2 years ago and it seems to be getting more potent with each passing month. Look forward to writing more, and hopefully learn a whole heck of a lot more - seems there's quite a few outstanding writers here.

Best,
Bill
www.billtoonshere.com
AnnM

Welcome!

Post by AnnM »

I'm sure you'll find this is another great place to sell your services. :)
ssottile

Welcome Bill

Post by ssottile »

Hi Bill,

Welcome aboard. I just joined myself yesterday and am finding this to be a great community of writers.

I submitted two articles yesterday that were accepted and I am looking forward to seeing how they might sell.

I have been writing for BellaOnline as the sewing editor for a year now. So, I guess the natural progression was to continue to develope a freelance writing career. Can't quit my "day job" yet...but one day maybe. :D
Katie-Anne

Welcome Bill

Post by Katie-Anne »

Find yourself a chair and make yourself at home! CC is a friendly place so if you've got any questions, feel free to ask - there's always someone with the answer.

Katie-Anne
mayc00p

Post by mayc00p »

Thank you everyone. I have a question - do you post articles here based primarily on customer requests, or do you write things that interest you and hope for the best?

Best,
Bill
www.billtoonshere.com
Katie-Anne

Articles

Post by Katie-Anne »

I do both Bill. I have articles here that are reprints published elsewhere, I have articles that I've written and never got around to finding a place for, and I've articles produced in response to requests.

I'm a freelance writer, and currently quite busy so I don't get to address as many of the new requests as I'd like. When the requests come in, it depends what my workload is that day whether or not I can take time out to research to write an article on spec. If it's something I can write without much research, or something I already know about, I'll give it a go. It's always another article in my file, even if it doesn't sell.

Katie-Anne
mayc00p

Post by mayc00p »

Thank you Katie-Ann. Is anyone here pursuing book deals or does article writing encompass most of the freelance workload? I was curious since that is one area I'd love to explore but wonder about the potential.

Best,
Bill
www.billtoonshere.com
AnnM

ah, books

Post by AnnM »

I have a book halfway done... and would love to be doing more fiction... but unfortunately most of my writing time these days is devoted to projects that return revenue in the short term. :roll:

The best I've done fiction-wise lately has been to sell a short erotic piece. :lol:
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

mayc00p wrote:Thank you Katie-Ann. Is anyone here pursuing book deals or does article writing encompass most of the freelance workload? I was curious since that is one area I'd love to explore but wonder about the potential.

Best,
Bill
www.billtoonshere.com
I'm actually a fiction writer with some published stories out there - this pays for the supplies and helps when the sales ain't there, doncha know...
:wink:
djledford

Post by djledford »

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the feature article writing arena. I must say, although I've only written 6 artcles for CC, I'm having a great time.

I'm a psychological suspense thriller novelist currently seeking agent representation for my second completed manuscript. I'm also a published short story writer.

As you can imagine, the literary arena can be costly with inkjet replacement, paper, postage and supplies.

The sell of the articles I write for CC will help off-set these expenses a bit.

It's amazing to me that a writer can be paid for their TIME and KNOWLEDGE without having to scour the market in search of a home for our offerings. The folks as CC seem to gift us everyday with the possibility of a sale.

Kudos to them--and to all of you.

DJLedford