Another Newbie

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WriterMom921

Another Newbie

Post by WriterMom921 »

Just signed up yesterday. I am a relatively new freelance writer. I've only been writing since last November. I'm a homeschooling mother of 3, married for twelve wonderful years and feel like I've found my home in the world of writing. I'm looking for a little help in locating topics to write about for CC. Any suggestions or pointers are deeply appreciated. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible.

WriterMom921
JKALLEN

Re: Another Newbie

Post by JKALLEN »

Welcome to Constant Content! I'm also fairly new here but if I can help in any way send me a message.

Jennifer Allen
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi and welcome to you both!

Funny you should ask about topic suggestions as Ed has started a thread on just that: http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =4&t=14398

Have fun!
eek

Post by eek »

Welcome from a a former homeschooler!!!!

If I were you, I'd start with a few parenting articles, which sell fairly well here. You could also tackle homeschooling - like a homeschool vs. public or vs. private school (or all three). I sold an article like that for a public request a few years ago. Or an article on how to choose curriculum, where to find inexpensive/used books, how to make time for yourself... Follow the old advice for every writer - write what you know. Write on familiar topics for at least your initial submissions until you feel comfortable with the guidelines and submission process and how the site works.

I wish you all the best.
Emma
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

I hope you both saw the recent public request for the homeschooling articles - talk about timing!