New book on writing for Constant Content

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

remoteriverman

New book on writing for Constant Content

Post by remoteriverman »

Hope it's okay to post this here. I wasn't sure where to put it.

There is a new eBook out, called 'The Freelance Writer's Guide to Making Money on Constant-Content.com - by Kevin Casey (full disclosure alert - that's me).

It's for sale on Amazon, for Kindle e-readers and other devices. You should be able to get to the Amazon book page with the link below. If not, just go to Amazon and type in the title, old-school style.

http://www.amazon.com/Freelance-Writers ... ontent.com

If you've been on CC for a little while and aren't achieving the success you hoped for, this book may have some tips that can help you. I welcome feedback, and cherish book reviews!

Cheers,
Kevin Casey (CC pen name: Remote River Man)
Lysis

Re: New book on writing for Constant Content

Post by Lysis »

I thought you were new to CC?
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

Hi Lysis -

I am indeed. And you were one of the most helpful people on this forum when I first started out - thanks!

I started selling articles on CC at the beginning of November 2013. Unlike Celeste Stewart's excellent book on CC (which I also recommend), mine is not written from the standpoint of a prolific and long-standing member of the site, but from the perspective of someone who made better-than-average earnings during their first two months on this site. My background is print book publishing, but before I joined CC, I had only written a total of two online articles in my life (if you type 'Remote River Man - Adrift in Guyana' into your search engine, you'll find one of them).

In my very first two months on CC, I wrote 71 articles in 61 days and sold 57 of them (just over 80%), earning $2105 in Aussie dollars (I live in Brisbane, Australia). That's about $1880 in USD (that's what I netted, after CC's cut) for that initial two month period. This was achieved by writing around 20 hours a week, part-time.

So, this eBook is an exploration of my first two months on the site, and an explanation of the processes I used to attain success rather quickly (my first Public Request article was written on 1 Nov. and sold for $100 later the same day). I think I sold 4 or 5 more articles in my first week. So although I am new to writing for Constant Content, I am not new to writing (I wrote my first book, Jobs Abroad: The Australian Traveller's Guide to Working Overseas, in 1992, and it went to three editions). One of my print books - Attracting Frogs to Your Garden - has sold 30,000 copies here in Australia, and even got me 15 minutes of fame on an Aussie talk show back in 1997. I've also had articles about my river expeditions (my other passion, aside from writing) published in adventure magazines such as Australian Geographic Outdoor, Wild and Sidetracked (UK).

Cheers, Kevin Casey
remoteriverman.com
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

Forgot to mention that if you click on the Amazon link (in the first post), on the book page you'll see a photo of the book that says 'Look Inside'. If you click on that, it will show you the first few pages of the book (including the Introduction), as a brief sample that you can peruse for free.

Also, I will be running a KDP Select Free Book Promotion for this book, from 6-10 March 2014. So, you can actually get it for free during that 5-day period. This is the only time this book will ever be free, so mark the dates somewhere and take advantage. If you download the book and like it, please leave a review on Amazon - much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin Casey
Courtney

Post by Courtney »

I'm impressed by your credentials Kevin. I shall be taking advantage of the free book offer and leave you a review. Thanks for the heads up on it.
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

Thanks Courtney! Three 5-star reviews so far, and counting...

Kevin Casey
http://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Casey/e/B00IKGYPCK