What to write about?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

nicole22biba

What to write about?

Post by nicole22biba »

Hi,
As far as I am able to see, the articles in business category are not selling too well these days. However, I have plenty of experience in this niche, so writing articles on other topics, such as lifestyle, travel or health could be quite difficult since I don't know too many things about these niches. Should I keep writing business articles? Should I try other topics?
I appreciate any advice you can give...
PeterWriting

Re: What to write about?

Post by PeterWriting »

I would try to do both. Continue with some articles about what you know, but try a few other articles too. With the internet it is not hard to study and research a subject and write a good article. Just be sure to read a few sources for information and check facts. :D
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

Agreed. I've become well versed in MANY different subjects that I knew next to nothing about before I started writing for CC. I say find the ones that interest you most out of the list of topics that sell well and then learn as much as you can as you go.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

It's best to diversify. I say that as I write 99% tech stuff :D

The stuff that sells is seasonal mostly. I was rocking it in January, but February was not a good CC month for me. Hopefully, March is better.
Courtney

Post by Courtney »

I would say to write about anything that interests you. The business category is quite vast so there are a lot of different areas to explore. But if you have an interest in anything else under the sun, go researching about it and write away. I have come up with some different articles from just doing research on a topic that I wanted to learn about for some reason or other. If you have an interest in a subject it makes it a whole lot easier to write about it. And certain niches do sell better at certain times of the year than others. Just build up your catalog, the more articles you have on any topic will lead to sales.
evaku

Post by evaku »

Much like what everyone else here has said, spend some time writing both about what interests you and about something new and popular. Learning to branch out into different areas has made my work here that much more rewarding, but never forgetting about my niche (religion and culture) has landed me a few steady buyers. Focus on popular topics to increase sales, but know that building a good catalog of your interests could be a good investment for the future, when it may catch someone's eye and land you a steady buyer!
nicole22biba

Post by nicole22biba »

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I really apperciate your advice and help. I will consider writing on other topics as well.
Can anyone tell me how to build a writer catalog on CC? Do I have to write articles and upload them to CC to build the catalogue? Is there anything else I need to do?
Thanks again!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Write and submit (submit link is in the left nav after you log in).
nicole22biba

Post by nicole22biba »

Thank you, Lysis! I thought that there's a special feature (one that I might have missed) that allows writers to create catalogues. Thanks for the clarification.