1 writer with 2 or more articles on home page

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

each

1 writer with 2 or more articles on home page

Post by each »

Hi all.
i dont know if this has been brought up in the past so if it has do forgive me. is it fair for a single writer to have more than one article on the home page when so many writers are on constant content and crave a free plug? i believe the benefit should be more evenly distributed. what are my fellow writer's thoughts on this?
Lysis

Re: 1 writer with 2 or more articles on home page

Post by Lysis »

I have been here a while, and I'm pretty sure who is on the front page is totally done by dates. Has nothing to do with favoritism or anything. It's totally date related and if you're lucky enough to be the last edit of the day for the editor.
each

Post by each »

are you by chance replying to what i have written? did you understand the point being made? have i mentioned or intimated favoritism? intelligent responses please.
evaku

Post by evaku »

each wrote:are you by chance replying to what i have written? did you understand the point being made? have i mentioned or intimated favoritism? intelligent responses please.

Wow buddy, relax!

As for your initial post... I think it is totally fair for one writer to have multiple articles on the same page. If they wrote well on a popular topic, then I have no problems with their articles being used to draw potential buyers to the site, as this means more customer for everyone.

Also, I have had weeks of not being on the front page at all, having one article on the front page, and having multiple articles on the front page - and honestly, it has made no real difference in my sales.

In fact, it is when I have NOTHING on the front page that I make more money , because that means I am busy writing for requests :)

*Also wanted to add that a great deal of my articles are about religion - not a very popular topic, and I completely understand why those have NEVER made it in the front page as how would that serve to draw people to the site? When I write things on health and fitness, I usually make it. Write on business and you're gold! :P
each

Post by each »

let me just state for the record that i have had articles on the front page on more than one occasion so this isnt about my selfish motive. what i get from the responses so far is that if one writer had 10 articles on the front page that would be alright with you guys. i'm sorry but i dont see why that should be when there are hundreds of good writers on constant content. maybe it is my thinking that is flawed anyway for thinking the "benefit" could be more evenly distributed. my bad...as you were guys!!
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

From my (relatively new) point of view, every time I have an article accepted I look on the 'front page' to see if it's featured there. If it isn't, never mind, if it is I have a little 'woo' moment, then promptly forget all about it. I honestly don't think that it makes a difference to sales, or at least it hasn't made a difference to my sales. I'm sure that customers usually come with an idea of what they're looking for, rather than just to browse. If they happen to see an article straight away that fits what they're after then of course they'll look at that one first, but I always assumed that they'd use the search function to find exactly what they're looking for.

Emily
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Wow, what a ray of sunshine. I'm sure the editors love this guy.
DaisyLee

Post by DaisyLee »

I am a very new writer here, and am just learning how cc works. This topic made me think of being in the buyers shoes. While an article on the front page may entice me to sign up at cc to purchase articles, I would think twice about purchasing that particular article since it appears to have already been published, does it not? Once something is openly on the internet, it is no longer unique. Yet if an article is safely tucked inside cc system, no-one else has seen it out there. Everything in the public eye on the internet gets indexed and one of Google's new pushes is for unique unpublished content. Does this make sense to anyone in the context of the home page articles?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

DaisyLee wrote:I am a very new writer here, and am just learning how cc works. This topic made me think of being in the buyers shoes. While an article on the front page may entice me to sign up at cc to purchase articles, I would think twice about purchasing that particular article since it appears to have already been published, does it not? Once something is openly on the internet, it is no longer unique. Yet if an article is safely tucked inside cc system, no-one else has seen it out there. Everything in the public eye on the internet gets indexed and one of Google's new pushes is for unique unpublished content. Does this make sense to anyone in the context of the home page articles?
Not really what this thread is about, but CC uses imaging, so the bot does not see text and does not index the content.