Checking for writers pool requests

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Isabelnewth

Checking for writers pool requests

Post by Isabelnewth »

Lately there have been a number of bulk requests for the writers pool that many writers in the pool haven't been able to view.

A big cause of frustration is the fact that one receives scores of emails about requests, which never seem to appear as claimable, and there is no way of knowing whether you blinked at the wrong time and missed the lot, or whether they are yet to appear and you still may be able to claim them.

Would it be possible for something to be sent out when all requests in a bulk order have been claimed? Then at least people would know notr to go on re-checking for requests which have already been claimed.

Cheers.
ChrisBlank

Re: Checking for writers pool requests

Post by ChrisBlank »

My experience has been that once I start receiving emails about a bulk order, it's already too late to claim any of the assignments. Lately I happen to have been on the site when assignments appear -- I've claimed a few handfuls that way. There is also one large customer who sends out "heads up" notices to let writers know when an order is coming through which has allowed me to claim a few assignments. Other than that, I may check once after I start receiving emails, but no more than that. As I said, that's just my experience; your mileage may vary.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

My experience is similar: but I would like to know when all the requests in a big order have been filled: it is usually, but not always, the case that the emails all arrive too late. An email to say when a batch of requests had all been claimed would be useful to me.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

I don't get a separate email for writer pool requests (I'm only in one), it comes through on the general public requests - that's why I was so confused about what they were at first! It was only when I emailed CC to ask and was told, they're your writer pool requests, I'm not in a writer pool, yes you are, no I'm not, check the writer pool tab, it's not there . . . then it suddenly was :wink:

Do the writer pool requests usually come through on a separate email?

Emily