water damage restoration & wheat allergies

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

AteoAltruist

water damage restoration & wheat allergies

Post by AteoAltruist »

Why is nobody writing about these topics? I see them being searched for constantly, what am I missing? One more question while I'm at it: Why is the forum so quiet? I really appreciate those who have teaken the time to answer my questions, but it just seems very, very quiet.
SJHillman

Re: water damage restoration & wheat allergies

Post by SJHillman »

Unlike forums around general interest or hobbyist topics, the CC forums are generally for questions and answers about specific issues rather than open discussion, although that's not prohibited it is less common here. Quiet forums usually mean that everything is running smoothly for writers/customers/etc. After all, less time writing on the forums means more time for writing for fun and profit.

As for topics that nobody is writing about, there's a number of possible reasons. Casual authors will mostly stick to topics that they know or that interest them. Other authors may find that even though these terms are searched for often, they're still poor sellers. Or it could just be a niche that most people have overlooked and is a prime place for an author to get into for some quick sales. If a few public requests come in for those topics, you'll probably see a flood of new articles on the subjects.
Kaytee

Post by Kaytee »

Write some articles about water damage restoration for people with wheat allergies, you'll make a killing. ;)

'Gluten-free snacks to help maintain your energy levels when restoring your water-damaged property'

I shouldn't kid, someone's probably written that already.
AteoAltruist

Post by AteoAltruist »

SJHillman... That makes sense, thank you. You always offer great insight.

Kaytee! Great idea! I'm thinking I can knock 3 pieces out on that in no time. Can I borrow that title? I'll add it after "Wheat Allergies: How Your Water-Damaged Property Causes Them" and "Water damage? Fix It With Gluten."

Thank you, too. I appreciate a good laugh... right up there with good ideas. :)
csjwilkinson

Post by csjwilkinson »

I don't trust the search topics at all. I have the feeling that there are so few searches being made that writing based upon the results would be a waste of time. Look further down the list and you'll see. Are there a lot of people searching for Chakras? I doubt it. I reckon that the search topics just return the tiny number of entries that have been submitted.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I trust some but not others. EG 'Rita' has been there for months and months though she is going down the page, and I am not convinced. But 'Dogs', another perennial, may have some truth in it: I sold a couple of Dog articles anyway.
Kaytee

Post by Kaytee »

Isabelnewth wrote:I trust some but not others. EG 'Rita' has been there for months and months though she is going down the page, and I am not convinced. But 'Dogs', another perennial, may have some truth in it: I sold a couple of Dog articles anyway.
I noticed "rita" and just hoped that it was a Hayworth fanatic and not someone searching for a "writer" in phonetic British English...
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I wrote on water damage. Maybe I didn't have what they wanted. I got a sold notification by email, came to the CC site to see it was listed as "waiting", a day later it was no long waiting and wasn't sold. I hope they didn't pretend to buy it so they could steal it.
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

I tried writing on both water damage restoration and on wheat allergy symptoms. Only one of my water damage pieces sold -- and that went in the last batch of insurance articles, as I'd shot for an insurance-related angle. The others only have a few hits each, meaning that people probably aren't very interested in them. I suspect that they may be looking for a more expert voice.

On the other hand, I've had a lot of success with other topics from the search results and made some useful discoveries. They're definitely a good jumping-on point if you're wondering what to write.
AteoAltruist

Post by AteoAltruist »

Well,
MordantC wrote:I tried writing on both water damage restoration and on wheat allergy symptoms...The others only have a few hits each, meaning that people probably aren't very interested in them. I suspect that they may be looking for a more expert voice.

On the other hand, I've had a lot of success with other topics from the search results and made some useful discoveries. They're definitely a good jumping-on point if you're wondering what to write.
Newbie disclaimer: I'm still very new, but starting to see a trickle of sales. I wrote on schizophrenia last month, and thought "man, that'll never sell" for two reasons. I priced it at $85, and it had 5 hits after about 45 days. But, guess what? This morning it sold! Also, I wrote a couple business pieces, and both sold the same day they were approved -- with 10 combined hits. So, these are good lessons, such as NEVER SECOND GUESS MYSELF, for example. And, hits are not always reliable indicators of saleability I've learned so much, and now that a little cash is starting to trickle in, it's even more rewarding.

We might do ourselves an injustice by low-balling a piece because we think the market won't support a better price. But, who knows what a buyer needs, what their budget is, or how bad they want it... whatever. Obviously logic and strategically analyzing certain metrics play a part, but... so does fair pricing for a quality piece.

Lastly, even though a topic has 39 hits, I'm not counting it out of the running. No dropping prices for me, not yet. Thanks to the wisdom I've gleaned from this forum, (cool, helpful people like you guys), the puzzle's pieces are beginning to fit together. I get more excited every day. :)

Peace,
Tony.
AteoAltruist

Post by AteoAltruist »

Kaytee wrote: I noticed "rita" and just hoped that it was a Hayworth fanatic and not someone searching for a "writer" in phonetic British English...
Kaytee, I love your sense of humor. Marry me? :)
Kaytee

Post by Kaytee »

Take a ticket and I'll get back to you when I've seen the others. ;)
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

Just sold a short $20 wheat allergy article less than 24 hours after it was approved. Maybe they're looking for shorter, more inexpensive articles in general.