Massive content theft

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

UKWriter101

Massive content theft

Post by UKWriter101 »

I have just discovered that this site, http://rapidtmp.com, is stealing enormous amounts of content from CC. On the first fives pages alone, I saw twelve of my articles including one which I wrote only yesterday evening! No wonder I've hardly had any sales since December.

I imagine that most, if not all, of the rest of the content is also stolen from other CC writers as well, so I urge other writers to take a look.

Full details about the site from doing a /whois:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: RAPIDTMP.COM
Created on: 19-Dec-12
Expires on: 19-Dec-14
Last Updated on: 12-Jan-13

Registrant:
ARAMBHA
ARAMBHA KINNIKAMBLA POST
MANGALORE, Karnataka 574151
India

Administrative Contact:
VALDER, AVINASH @gmail.com
ARAMBHA
ARAMBHA KINNIKAMBLA POST
India
(91) 824-2258697

Technical Contact:
VALDER, AVINASH @gmail.com
ARAMBHA
ARAMBHA KINNIKAMBLA POST
India
(91) 824-2258697

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2831.HOSTGATOR.COM
NS2832.HOSTGATOR.COM

The content thief formerly had another blog at techmywish.com, which now appears to be off the air - perhaps a successful DMCA takedown?
SJHillman

Re: Massive content theft

Post by SJHillman »

I couldn't find any of my articles on the site, but the topics I've been doing recently don't look like they would fit in what that site wants. CC's support should be able to help you send a DMCA takedown notice, or you could always send one yourself.

If the content owner doesn't respond appropriately to the DMCA takedown, send it to GoDaddy. Last I knew, they have an abusively strict policy of taking down every site under the alleged offender's name in addition to any alleged infringement. This may have changed, but it's one of the reasons I've never recommended GoDaddy - perhaps you can use it in your favor.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I've noticed that CC has made it so that people can't view article excerpts unless they're logged in (either as a buyer or writer), which makes me think that the thief either has a CC account or has someone doing the theft for him. I don't know the extent of how CC tracks its users and their activities on the site, but I would think that by looking at and analyzing the logs, CC *might* be able to identify the user account involved in the theft.

~S
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It could be RSS feeds...
Constant

Post by Constant »

Most of the stolen content has been removed and we're working on getting the rest of it taken down.