Show word count for recently sold content

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ScriptMaster

Show word count for recently sold content

Post by ScriptMaster »

It would be a great aid to writers in offering their articles for realistic prices if the word count of recently sold articles was displayed. The selling price of an article is pretty meaningless without this information.
Evelyn

Re: Show word count for recently sold content

Post by Evelyn »

That's interesting! I like it. A lot.
KatieT

Post by KatieT »

Bumping! I agree that this would be helpful info. I often look at other articles for sale in order to figure out an asking price for mine, and the word counts and prices are all over the place. It would be interesting to know if there's a certain combination of word count/price range that actually sells more articles.
HeatherMcMahon

Post by HeatherMcMahon »

I'm new to CC (awaiting my 5th approval). I find the Recently Sold Content listing very helpful, but strongly agree that word count would make it even more valuable. I would also add that it would be helpful to know whether an article was purchased in response to a public request.

Thanks, everyone, for all of the advice and sharing found on this forum. It's already been very helpful, and it's nice to have this sense of community.
HeatherMcMahon

Post by HeatherMcMahon »

In my original post I suggested showing whether the article was for a public request; what I think might be even more helpful is origin of the article -- one of the following choices: not submitted for request, submitted for pool request, submitted for public request, submitted for private request.

Would it be helpful also to see the date an article was submitted?

Anything that helps us track and fine-tune our submissions should help both the writers and the site, and this is information that may be easy to add. Are word count and article origin features that can be added??