One sentyence comment with offer decision

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AlexBramwell

One sentyence comment with offer decision

Post by AlexBramwell »

I would really appreciate being able to explain why I have rejected an offer for one of my articles. Not two way communication, but the chance to say "sorry, this article contains insights that are worth more than your offer", or something similar.
jellygator

Re: One sentyence comment with offer decision

Post by jellygator »

Although I don't do the "Allow Offers" option, I get requests sometimes to sell my articles for less. I normally will say something like, "I would take (this much) for that article, but not less."
AlexBramwell

Post by AlexBramwell »

Can you do that in CC? I can't see the option on my received offers page!
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

jellygator wrote:Although I don't do the "Allow Offers" option, I get requests sometimes to sell my articles for less. I normally will say something like, "I would take (this much) for that article, but not less."
Hmm... Since I don't use that feature, I don't know what you're seeing. I know that the customers can click on the "Contact the Author" page, and authors can click to contact people who have public requests. I assume when I've been contacted, it has been done through a "Contact the Author" link, and I reply to it. If you're receiving an offer and it limits the characters in your response or something, I don't know what to say.