How long for rating?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nerble

How long for rating?

Post by nerble »

So far I've been wildly disappointed in this site. I submitted two articles, and I have been waiting since the 22nd for them to be reviewed. And I am still waiting. Additionally, the site is down or slow half of the time. I realize that this site supposedly allows you to make decent money, but wouldn't articles have to be approved and the site have to work for that to happen?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Re: How long for rating?

Post by Judith »

This is a great site, and it does allow you to make some good money. It takes a few days to get your articles approved, and sometimes as many as 10 or 11. There are a lot of writers submitting work every day, and CC has earned a reputation for quality writing by doing it right, even if it takes a little longer. We've just had a long holiday weekend, and I believe the editors are entitled to enjoy their holidays with their families. I think you will enjoy this site very much, just be patient, keep writing, and have plenty of articles ready to submit as soon as you get the basic number approved. And Good Luck!!
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

To me, the most wonderful part about being a freelancer for a living is being entirely in charge of my time. I've been at this for 20 years, and occasionally my very first client calls me up to do work for him. Those relationships are priceless.

I learned long ago that freelancers should never put all their eggs in one basket. Diversify, learn new styles of writing, and become a student of what clients want. Market yourself and if you have the skills, clients will find you. Don't write for a freelance website--that'll land you in the same boat as thousands of eHow or Demand Media writers. Or leave you frustrated waiting for C-C to approve your articles. Instead, be a writer first and use Demand or C-C or TextBroker or Elance as ONE marketing tool in a host of possibilities.

While you're waiting for C-C, develop a marketing plan for a blog to advertise your services. Set up a LinkedIn page. Polish your portfolio. Visit Associated Content and find out if they're still taking passive income articles. Write an ebook and plan out how to market it. (I've got three good ideas for ebooks, when I find the time.)

I've learned over the years that if you have six or seven "backup plans" or part-time gigs, you're never without work (and get passive income long after work is done). It takes time to develop those channels, but I don't wait around for my articles to be approved or complain because my main source of income changed its rules and I no longer qualify. If freelance writing is your career, it's possible to make it a career. C-C is only one thing to do, but I've found it's well worth a little patience.

Welcome to our writer community. We're passionate folks who truly want to be there for each other. Come on in and be a part of it!
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Excellent points Evelyn! I don't want to tell how many years I've been writing because I don't want to give you a clue about my age. :) I plan to use CC as a retirement supplement if I ever get to retire. Actually writing for CC is a venture into a new area of writing for me, and far less demanding.