Has CC become super busy lately? :D

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

light87

Has CC become super busy lately? :D

Post by light87 »

What is going on? :D

I've been away from CC since last Nov or something, but I've sold 2 articles this week... and one was for like $0.12 / word!

So happy :) maybe i'll start writing for CC again :)

Good luck everyone. Hope you're having the same kind of success!
Lysis

Re: Has CC become super busy lately? :D

Post by Lysis »

Someone mentioned they did well last month. I'm sure it depends on category and season.

Is $.12/word a lot? I'm not sure if you mean it's too low or high. lol
UKWriter101

Post by UKWriter101 »

Last month was terrible for me, one of my worst in over five years of working through Constant Content for about 90% of my income. However, August so far has been quite far above average in terms of on-spec sales, so it's all very unpredictable. It seems things are starting to pick up again after the summer lull. :D

Anyway, grats on your sales, hope you have a good run over the coming months!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Highly unpredictabe for me too. I can go days with no sales, start to get a bit worried, and then get an intense flurry to bring things back to normal. There's just no telling.

And yesterday I got what has to be a record for me - a catalog sale within four minutes of editor approval... I could get used to that ;)
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

Gauderbock wrote:And yesterday I got what has to be a record for me - a catalog sale within four minutes of editor approval... I could get used to that ;)
I think we could all get used to that! Completely awesome turn-around time.

I had an unusually quiet August, but it seems that in the last two days things are picking up again. I've had a few random catalog sales and one stuck in 'waiting' for two days now, so I guess that will show as sold once the client deposits funds to complete the purchase.

Here's hoping the lull was simply a summer thing.
light87

Post by light87 »

Lysis wrote:Someone mentioned they did well last month. I'm sure it depends on category and season.

Is $.12/word a lot? I'm not sure if you mean it's too low or high. lol
LMAO lysis. Do you charge a lot more? For me it's huge because I used to be too scared to go above $0.13/word. Back then I had the mindset that your stuff won't sell if it's not priced right.

But now I know the CC author pamphlets were /are right! There really is a 70-percent-ish chance that your stuff will sell if it's accepted and published. I honestly left CC because nothing was selling and I thought it was just me or it was just the site blowing up figures...

But this week and last week I had two more random sales. Ever since I started this thread I haven't gone back to CC yet, but sales poured in. Just yesterday I saw that my article from waay back when I first joined CC sold! It was a huge article, probably 800 - 1200 words (I forget) but it sold for $150.

My advice to anyone who's new: Don't underprice! Just keep your prices at $0.10+. Your article will sell eventually. Even if you lower the price, it probably won't sell faster.

I'm viewing CC as some kind of savings account. You deposit articles, then you'll see the "interest" profit months or years later.

CC can be full-time :), if you've already submitted tons of articles and you're living off of the old articles selling. For example, if you've got 1,000 articles under your belt, you'll probably be selling 20 / week. Don't quote me on that though :D.

Also coincidentally, my articles started selling more when I started writing for this other site that doesn't pay writers but has millions of viewers. I might just be paranoid, but maybe some dude saw my article on there then google'd my name, and saw my CC stash. Who knows!
light87

Post by light87 »

Gauderbock wrote:Highly unpredictabe for me too. I can go days with no sales, start to get a bit worried, and then get an intense flurry to bring things back to normal. There's just no telling.

And yesterday I got what has to be a record for me - a catalog sale within four minutes of editor approval... I could get used to that ;)
It really is highly unpredictable! But wow a catalog sale... never had that :D congrats!