No more articles with images?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Lysis

No more articles with images?

Post by Lysis »

I add images to my articles. I've been doing this for the last year. Just got a rejection that I can't attach images with articles. Anyone had this issue? This really puts a wrench in my process. I'm hoping this is just a new editor who doesn't know?

Anyone from CC please comment or anyone been through this?
HiredGun

Re: No more articles with images?

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:I add images to my articles. I've been doing this for the last year. Just got a rejection that I can't attach images with articles. Anyone had this issue? This really puts a wrench in my process. I'm hoping this is just a new editor who doesn't know?

Anyone from CC please comment or anyone been through this?
Adds one more step to the process, but try including an Evernote link at the bottom of your article that contains the images.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

ah, nice HG. I will try that. Thank you!
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

I use the Evernote workaround to include custom infographics, etc.
I thought 'technically' images still weren't allowed though. Has something officially changed in the last year and now we are allowed to include images?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

HiredGun wrote:I use the Evernote workaround to include custom infographics, etc.
I thought 'technically' images still weren't allowed though. Has something officially changed in the last year and now we are allowed to include images?
I've been including them for about a 8-12 months now. Never had a problem. I thought it was a nice addition especially since I upped my prices. Oops. Will use the Evernote thing from now on though.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:
HiredGun wrote:I use the Evernote workaround to include custom infographics, etc.
I've been including them for about a 8-12 months now. Never had a problem. I thought it was a nice addition especially since I upped my prices. Oops. Will use the Evernote thing from now on though.
But doesn't it say somewhere in the writer guidelines 'no images'?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

lol does it?

I read the guidelines when I first got here, but I never know what's going on anymore, so I post stuff and hope it flies. I got the idea from a private request that required images.
jmamos

Post by jmamos »

Can someone ELI5 how to add the pics and what the Evernote thing is? I can't believe pictures have been an option this whole time (or some of the time?) I did see on CC's Facebook page that they said that articles with pictures are more likely to draw attention. I think the article was aimed at clients, but it makes sense that if articles with pictures sell, they allow us to attach some. Are you guys using your own pictures or online ones?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I was attaching them but not allowed. I probably won't use evernote. I will use Google Drive and link them. For the 2 articles that got rejected, I just deleted the images and rewrote some stuff. Wasn't too big a deal cuz there was only 1.

I don't use evernote, but with g drive you just link to it and give permission for people with the link to view only.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

jmamos wrote:Can someone ELI5 how to add the pics and what the Evernote thing is? I can't believe pictures have been an option this whole time (or some of the time?) I did see on CC's Facebook page that they said that articles with pictures are more likely to draw attention. I think the article was aimed at clients, but it makes sense that if articles with pictures sell, they allow us to attach some. Are you guys using your own pictures or online ones?
I can't find it in the Writer Guidelines now, but I think I recall seeing it somewhere that including images with Constant Content articles was NOT allowed (too many issues with copyright, usage rights, etc. I guess). I have created custom infographics for Constant Content clients in the past, and have created custom blog images which I link to via Evernote. I don't generally use images found online, regardless of the usage rights.

To check out Evernote, visit Evernote.com.
Last edited by HiredGun on Sat May 07, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I used my own images too. I would screenshot stuff and attach it. Sucks because I think images help a great deal with certain types of articles. I did this awesome piece I was pretty proud of on local search. Added images and everything. The thing sold in a day. lol I really think the images added a lot to it.