Favorite Mobile App for Writing/Uploading to CC?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Favorite Mobile App for Writing/Uploading to CC?

Post by HiredGun »

Do any of you write exclusively on a mobile device? If so, do you have a favorite writing app that works well for uploading articles to Constant Content? Looking for a free mobile writing app (Android) that lets you customize font/formatting for Constant Content uploads. Am currently using https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... iter&hl=en but would like to find an app that lets me save in .doc format + customize the font to meet Constant Content's requirements. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Lysis

Re: Favorite Mobile App for Writing/Uploading to CC?

Post by Lysis »

I've actually thought about writing an app that does more automation for the uploading part. It's tedious especially for keywords and then the overview. If I could just upload a doc that contains everything that would be so cool.

Not sure how you can write on a mobile device though! I need my big screens and keyboard. :D
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:I've actually thought about writing an app that does more automation for the uploading part. It's tedious especially for keywords and then the overview. If I could just upload a doc that contains everything that would be so cool.

Not sure how you can write on a mobile device though! I need my big screens and keyboard. :D
I use a Hipstreet keyboard (https://www.hipstreet.com/canada/hipstr ... board.html) with my tablet. Makes it easy to write from anywhere. I'm paranoid about uploading to Constant Content and having my document be in the wrong format, so when I'm mobile I write on my tablet, email the document to myself, cut/paste into Word, adjust the formatting, and then upload to Constant Content. Hoping to find an app that saves in .doc format so I can upload directly from my tablet (especially when I'm traveling).
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I use a similar set up to you - Android tablet, bluetooth keyboard. Works great, and I love the freedom of writing around the house, garden, countryside - wherever the mood takes me.

For software I use OfficeSuite by Mobisystems which I'm happy with. I use the premium version which although isn't free is inexpensive enough, but they do a free version which seems relatively uncrippled (although I can't vouch for the amount of adverts etc).
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:I use a similar set up to you - Android tablet, bluetooth keyboard. Works great, and I love the freedom of writing around the house, garden, countryside - wherever the mood takes me.

For software I use OfficeSuite by Mobisystems which I'm happy with. I use the premium version which although isn't free is inexpensive enough, but they do a free version which seems relatively uncrippled (although I can't vouch for the amount of adverts etc).
Thank you so much for the info; will check it out. Downloaded 'Docs to Go' yesterday; seems to be a suitable option too. One thing I noticed when uploading articles on my mobile, there is no Content Editor toolbar displayed on the Constant Content site. If the toolbar was available, my content format wouldn't matter (.doc or .txt), since I copy/paste articles into the Constant Content editor box (and Constant Content converts all submissions to .rtf format). As long as I could adjust the font to Times New Roman 12 and make sure the alignment was fine, I should be good to go. Have emailed support about no visible Content Editor toolbar on mobile; will see what I hear back. Thanks again!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

No toolbar here either - I've pretty much always used Android with CC, so I've never missed it. I always just paste direct from the default OfficeSuite settings (11pt some-obscure-font-or-other) and I've never had a problem.

The only issue is paragraph breaks - I need to put in an extra return/blank line between paragraphs before copy/pasting, but that seems to be required on every site I submit to, dunno if it's an Android issue or what.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:No toolbar here either - I've pretty much always used Android with CC, so I've never missed it. I always just paste direct from the default OfficeSuite settings (11pt some-obscure-font-or-other) and I've never had a problem.

The only issue is paragraph breaks - I need to put in an extra return/blank line between paragraphs before copy/pasting, but that seems to be required on every site I submit to, dunno if it's an Android issue or what.
That's good to know; I'll have to give copy/pasting directly from my tablet a shot (add in the extra paragraph breaks) and see what happens. If you're not getting rejections for formatting issues, hopefully I won't either. Thanks again; much appreciated! :D