Limits on Articles Submitted?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Kthorpe

Limits on Articles Submitted?

Post by Kthorpe »

Hello All,

I am currently waiting to reach my tenth approved article so I can begin submitting articles more frequently.
I have a handful that I have written and I am simply waiting for approval on the last batch.

My question is: How quickly can I submit articles without slowing down the editors?

I'd like to build my catalog as quickly as possible. So far I am really enjoying CC and getting e-mails that my content has sold! I just don't want to submit too much too soon and make it hard on the editors or slow down the turnaround time for getting my own articles approved.

If I uploaded 5 to 10 a day for several days in a row, would that be overdoing it and have a negative impact on my personal turnaround times?

Thanks in advance!
Isabelnewth

Re: Limits on Articles Submitted?

Post by Isabelnewth »

I think you should go for it and well done for the sales! There seems to be an element of the random as far as getting past the editors is concerned, but I don't think submitting 5 a day would be out of order in terms of bulk, though I myself would find it hard to keep up quality control for too long at that rate. Actually the more you submit the smoother things seem to go in general, as far as I can see.
Kthorpe

Post by Kthorpe »

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I am just going to go for it and see what happens.
I love the idea of building a sizable catalog quickly so I can then begin to pace my writing a bit more.
It's not difficult for me to churn out articles quickly because I have a really wide array of interests that I would be writing about anyways. My issue is that I also write books that I self-publish. Writing a book challenges me more than writing an article any day of the week so I often find my books falling to the back burner, but I think if I start by writing more content up front and then drop back to writing only 1-2 articles a day for a little while, it should help me supplement my income and refocus on finishing some books I am working on...
My fingers are crossed!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I've done 10 on some days, but 10 every day would be rough.

5 a day is doable I think if you do smaller articles.

If things turn sour, you might get frustrated with kickbacks. I've done several a day during some months and the sales were great. CC is great for supplemental income for me, but I could see it being more full time for others.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Kthorpe wrote:
My question is: How quickly can I submit articles without slowing down the editors?
I don't think submitting multiple articles will slow down the editors; my impression is that articles submitted to writer pools/private requests get top editing priority (guaranteed revenue for CC). I usually submit multiple articles per day; I've never been told to slow down because I'm wearing out the editors. :lol:
Kthorpe

Post by Kthorpe »

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I am really excited to become an article submitting fool for a little while :-)

I'd love to do 5-10 daily for as long as I can stand. I've already been writing that much while waiting to get my 10 articles approved. I currently have an ulterior motive though, I am going on vacation the end of this month and would love some extra spending money!

So far the only rejection I got was related to formatting and easily fixed so I am taking that as a good sign. I'm really hoping I will wake up tomorrow to more emails about my content being approved (oh, and sold, that would be good too!!!) so I can start submitting more content as quickly as possible.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Submit everything you can to build up your catalog and improve your sales. Sounds to me like you're doing very well! :)

Abba
Kthorpe

Post by Kthorpe »

Thank you! I hope I am doing well, because I really love it here so far!

Before coming here, I read some really terrible reviews to be quite honest, but I honestly believe that the majority of them have come from people that probably just couldn't write as well as they thought and were not willing to get better and develop their skill.

I feel like I am having so many "aha!" moments since I started writing here personally. I was afraid I would not be able to make decent income here since I was late to the party but everywhere I look, I see writers that are succeeding and earning a GREAT income just through Constant Content - I really hope to become one of them.

Ironically, today a business I have always wanted to write for contacted me with some projects. I accepted them because I would rather have too much work than not enough, but in the back of my mind I am really hoping writing for them doesn't drastically reduce my ability to write for CC. Fingers crossed!