How To Put Title in Italics In Long Sumary

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

gorgygirl

How To Put Title in Italics In Long Sumary

Post by gorgygirl »

I want to take the quotation marks from around a book title and put title in book title in italics. In the Content section, I was able to put the title in italics. But in the Long Summary, I can't change the title to italics. Is this unusual? Should I submit the article with book title in the Content section in italics but the Long Summary with quotation marks and explain to the editor that I could not make the change? Any suggestions for how I could make the change? I'm using a Mac.
ScriptMaster

Re: How To Put Title in Italics In Long Sumary

Post by ScriptMaster »

The Long summary is generated automatically form your article, and ther is no way to edit it. I would have thought it would copy formatting and style etc. If not, I would contact support - it looks like this may be a bug.
gorgygirl

Post by gorgygirl »

Thanks.
evaku

Post by evaku »

I don't think it's a bug, the long summary has just never worked like that as far as I know. It's just plain text, no formatting. I usually bold my headings but they don't show up like that in the summary. I don't really mind too much and just let it do it's thing. When I am writing for the catalog I tend to put titles in quotations for that reason, but when I am writing for private requests I use italics because I figure the client knows I know what I am doing or they can just send me a message and ask.